Best and Worst Theme Songs

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Which television theme songs would you consider your favorites and least favorites?

Here are Mine

Favorites:

1. What We Do In The Shadows - I find this to be a very unique intro with a catchy sound to it. It really represents the vampire "culture" so to speak and really sets the tone for the show you will be watching.

2. Young Sheldon - This nice little gem sung and written by the great Steve Burns of Blue's Clues fame is one of the most memorable ones in recent memory.

3. The Cleveland Show - Out of the three Seth MacFarlane animated series, The Cleveland Show has the best theme song by far. The theme songs to both Family Guy and American Dad! have little to no relevance to this show itself. The Family Guy one is just one long homage to All In The Family and the American Dad! song only has one memorable line in it (Good morning USA!). But The Cleveland Show on the other hand starts off with a catchy intro that tells new viewers all the basics they need to know about Cleveland and his life in the wacky town of Stoolbend, Virginia.

4. Oswald - This one right here is so beautiful that it makes me cry tears of joy every time I hear it. It's heart wrenchingly wonderful melody just takes me back to the carefree days of childhood. Because I grew up loving the show, this entry has so much powerful nostalgia associated with it. I can never have a bad day after listening to this. It's truly one of the emotional intros ever for me:

5. Our Cartoon President - This song makes me laugh really hard. How did they even manage to make such a simple concept as repeating "Donald Trump is the president!" again and again so funny?

Least Favorites:

1. MAD - I like how they start off with a clear reference to MAD Magazine but that's about it. The music as well as the voices constantly shouting "MAD!" as many times as possible are nothing short of obnoxious. I also don't really care for the visuals much either. I understand that MAD was supposed to be an experimental show that combined various styles of animation but when you clump all those vastly diverse animation styles together it looks a bit jumbled and messy at times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2dN-2_hGbs

2. Happy Tree Friends - I'm sure most of you are shocked right now. "How could Flaky Pudding ever include Happy Tree Friends on a worst of anything list? Isn't it like his favorite show or something!". Yes, yes it is. But the only thing I don't like about my otherwise favorite webtoon is the theme song. The entire thing just gives me a headache and I tend to fast forward through the intro before each episode. I hope that whenever they do start making new HTF episodes again they change the theme song to something more upbeat and catchy because the one they have now is about as appealing as nails on a chalkboard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp-1OnWYVwc

3. Angela Anaconda - The singing in this one isn't very great and the ending makes no sense whatsoever. I couldn't help but facepalm when I first heard Angela say this completely ridiculous line,

"Starring me and not starring Nanette Manoir,".

Well of course it stars Nanette Manoir you idiot! She's in every freaking episode for crying out loud.

So.....what are your favorite and least favorite theme songs of all time? Keep in mind that theme songs without any actual singing in them (The Walking Dead, Stranger Things, The Simpsons, ALF, etc.) are included too.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time of thinking of any particularly bad ones, but I can definitely say some of my favorites

I never actually got into Ben 10 weirdly enough given my interests, but man the theme song is catchy

The Danny Phantom theme. You cant tell me that opening bass riff isnt epic.

I have no explanation for this but the Wild Kratts theme frequently gets stuck in my head

The full Phineas and Ferb theme. BFS actually played the song when I saw them in concert and the crowd went wild when they started playing it.

What's New Scooby Doo, which also happens to be my favorite incarnation of Scooby

And out of all the pokemon themes, Johto is my favorite (though Battle Frontier is also really good)

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I would say one of the worst theme songs ever is HEY VERN, IT'S ERNEST!

The music sounds like it comes from an 8-bit video game, the melody is loud and chaotic, and the words are so fast and a mouthful that it's nearly impossible to sing along to (not to mention the loud music drowns out quite a bit of it).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There is a series of CDs out there called TeeVee Tunes that go by decades. The 70s ruled. From sitcoms, dramas, cartoons, even game shows. The one that stands out the most to me was "WelcomeBack, Kotter". Gavejohn Travolta his big break. This song was so popular it even became a top 10 hit. Two other great shows along with Kotter, to complete the James Komack trilogy, "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" and "Chico and the Man".

Plus the Norman Lear staples:
All in the Family
Maude
Good Times
Sanford and Son
The Jeffersons

Top that.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
'Cheers' when the Simpsons parodied it as "Flaming Moe's" and Happy Days... heck, even the Full House theme is awesome.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Well, I have many good ones:

Anime:
Our Future Selves Know from Love Live! Sunshine!!
We can! Hugtto Pretty Cure!
Ready Smile! from PriPara Season 3
Honorable mention: Ojamajo Carnival! from Ojamajo Doremi

Live-action:
Kirari! Sailor Dream from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (2003) [I haven't watched this yet, but the song's cool]
Everywhere You Look from Full House (like the live action Sailor Moon, I haven't seen the show)
Here At The Noddy Shop from The Noddy Shop (though it's an earworm! Try NOT to get it stuck in your head)
Honorable mention: Aitakatta! from AKBingo, but that was a normal song before it's release. Also, I can't find a video of it.

Western Animation:
We're Ready To Party! from Garfield and Friends
Call Me, Beep Me! from Kim Possible
Aloha, E Komo Mai from Lilo and Stitch: The Series (though the animation of the Tiki part actually scared me as a kid! I was scared of the weirdest things as a kid...)
Honorable mention: It's A Hair Thing from Trollz

Worst:
SpongeBob: Makes sense because the creators were SUPPOSED to make it annoying!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As far as a bad theme song - easy.

RISE! TSUYOSA! (The cheap Cartoon Network TV intro for Naruto).