Bert & Ernie Singalong Question

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
At the end of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," before the crashing sound, Susan says, "Herry, watch out for the ?"

Does anyone know what you THINK she says? I have been unable to make that out for years!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Maybe it's Cookie's drum set he's crashing into or his motocycle maybe? I don't know i guess i have listen to to try and hear what she says. But i'll look into that. Thanks for something to night. Explislly something to do with Muppets.

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
Maybe no one got it.
Okay, anyway, new question: What was your favorite moment on that album?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would have to say that the whole album is my favoirte or maybe the part when Grover, Herry and Cookie arrive in the album. I really can't say. I've alwyas liked this album ever since i've got it. It's now one of my favorites.

How 'bout you MisterDuhFrog, what's your favorite?

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
"The man who has plenty of rich, red, ripe Strawberry shortcake then giveth his neighbor none" is probably my fave

sesameguy

Reaction score
This album is definitely a real treat for "old school" fans. It features some great funny lines from the cast and some fun songs as well. It's hard to pick a favorite moment, but one of them comes when the girls enter the room where Bert is taking a bath! Then there's "the Limerick song" and Bob's great version of "Morningtown ride."

But I also have trouble understanding what Susan says at that point. My best guess is that it's something like, "watch out for the bars of the bike!" or something like that. (Herry had just driven a motorcycle into the bathroom!) The crash, I assume, is the bike falling down.

dwmckim

Reaction score
This is without a doubt my alltime fave sesame album as it was representative of Sesame at its peak - characters (Muppet and human) at top of their form and hilarious throughout.

Which of course makes picking a fave moment almost impossible but three come to mind...

the opening - very representative of Ernie and Bert songs - half sung/half argued with hilarious remarks and counter melodies(the style of which was well parodied in Avenue Q)

Cookie's reaction to finding out Hooper brought cookies - you can "see" him getting the lightbulb over his head and his eyes googling around when he confirms "Coooo-kiiess" ... and of course rather than merely pouncing on them, he "goes to work for them": "Hey, Ernie, me play piano okay?" and his whole out of tune piano playing is hilarious!

And Bert's limerick on the limerick song!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I said this once before but I'll mention it again.

Either this album is based off an episode or maybe the made an epiosde based off the album.

It's hard to remember everything exactly but Bert's taking a bath and Ernie brings in the piano and eventualy everyone else you hear on that was on comes in and joins the fun, Much to the dispair of Bert.

I do have memory of them singing What's The Name Of That Song but can't remember anything else exactly other than Bert Obviously being very unhappy.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I said this once before but I'll mention it again.

Either this album is based off an episode or maybe the made an epiosde based off the album.

It's hard to remember everything exactly but Bert's taking a bath and Ernie brings in the piano and eventualy everyone else you hear on that was on comes in and joins the fun, Much to the dispair of Bert.

I do have memory of them singing What's The Name Of That Song but can't remember anything else exactly other than Bert Obviously being very unhappy.
I know this might not help but with that. There's a picture in "Sesame Street Unpaved" book of Bob with Bert in the forground taking a bath. It's not a very big pic but it's on Bob's profile. Your proubley right Mike. I would love to see this whole episode. (if there is one)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well there definitly is one. I just can't recall everything that went down on it.

The LP I think was 1975 and I remember seeing this episode durring the mid 70s.