Bellhop clips remind me of the Curious George books

salemfan

Reaction score
The artwork of the Bellhop clips on Sesame Street remind me of the illustrations in the Curious George series by Margaret and H.A. Rey. Has anybody else noticed the similarity?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've thought that the bellhop looked a little bit like the guy in the yellow suit.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
They've always reminded me of "Tin-Tin", in terms of the animation. "Curious George", eh?...Lemme think....

Desk Clerk: "Bellhop, Zach the zookeeper has sent 12 monkeys that need to be taken care of."

Bellhop: "12! 12 Monkeys! 12!" (the 12 monkeys jump out of their cage and attack the bellhop, especially where his hat is, having possibly mistaken him for the Man In the Yellow Hat)

Bellhop: "WOOOAAAUUGGHHH! Oof! 12...Monkeys. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8..."
(one monkey aims to kick bellhop in the shins; bellhop gets increasingly nervous) "...11, 13?" "12...Monkeys" (one monkey socks bellhop in the eye), "1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11...12"

Bellhop: "12 little monkeys out of their cage, each one's attacking me, all in a rage!"

(Zach the zookeeper returns, sighing and shaking his head in disappointment.)

Bellhop: "12...monkeys" (Bellhop suddenly faints from exhaustion; segment ends).

How'd ya like THAT one? (I know there has already been one for 12, but I thought this would be a cute, funny reference to the sci-fi film, "12 Monkeys").