• Bein' Green

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • The Rainbow Connection

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. Speaking your mind here shouldn't offend anybody. Yes, people may disagree, but we stop any issues before arguements start.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I love 'Rainbow Connection', it was one of my first solos, and I still remember standing on a stage in the eighth grade in a rainbow colored dress singing it. So, yes, the somg evokes great memories for me.

Of course the song that really shows Kermit is probably 'Bein' Green', just because the lyrics pass to him. I think that for his anthem, I would have to pick that one, but overall as far as which of the two I like, I'd select 'Rainbow Connection'.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Like I said, BG is to Kermit as the MMC theme is to Mickey & RC to The Muppets what WYWUaS is to Disney.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They're just different experiences for me. Rainbow Connection makes me feel uplifted, while Bein Green chokes me up in a good way. :smile: :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The same applies to many of us. Both songs are good in their own right.

The Only Joey

Reaction score
"being green" is my favorite, it is just THE kermit song and i think the song that is closest to the hart of Jim Henson.

Really like the version that big bird did on the memorial of Jim, although this is not the best, this is one with a lot of emotion (of course it is)

The best version is the original imho.

"Rainbow Connection" is a nice one but does not reach me personally.
I like it, but it is not the song i want to associate with "The kermit song"

"Being Green" is the best, period :wink:

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I'd have to vote for "Being Green." There's just something about it....

Quesal

Reaction score
Gee. I like them both. Tho I did feel a tingly feeling when I recorded a rendition of Rainbow Connection for The MuppetCast

Reaction score
The subtext of "Green" probably makes it more culturally important, and Rainbow is probably one of the most underrated "wistful" songs often found in movies.

"A Song with Kermit" from 1977 (and Sesame) is IMO is right up there with both of them, but the fact that it's less talked about is tragic