• Bein' Green

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • The Rainbow Connection

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Which is the ultimate Kermit theme? Of course, "Green" has been around longer, and has been covered dozens of times, but if I had to choose, I'd pick "The Rainbow Connection," not only as my personal favorite but as the better song. "Bein' Green" is deep, but not as singable. It's very personal, and while both songs have a very universal philosophy that could be expressed through anyone, TRC connects to a more general audience. I think My favorite version of "Green", by the way, is the one Kermit does with Lena Horne.
I think I would choose Rainbow Connection, becuase it relatres to everyone.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't know. I think 'Bein' Green' relates to me for the most part. Especially today, I was at the mall and I was probably the only guy there not holding hands with a girl. :frown: It seems like people don't accept me for who I am. I really know how Kermit feels when he sings that song.

wwfpooh

Reaction score

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
The rainbow connection i still catch myself singing it now and then while i work. WIERD

Marky

Reaction score
Gimme Rainbow Connection any day over Bein' Green!
It's a better song in just about every way.

King of Eight

Reaction score
Bein' Green is definitely Kermit's anthem, and if I'm completely honest, my own as well. And since my four year old daughter's started school, it's become her anthem too. Although, if I really think about it, that's probably not a bad thing, now is it?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Again, as I said:

"Bein' Green" is Kermit's personal anthem (just as "The Mickey Mouse Club March" is Mickey's theme song), but "Rainbow Connection" is to The Muppets what "When You Wish Upon a Star" is to Disney. One is the respective "theme" of the character presented & the other is the "theme" of the overall franchise within which the character resides, despite both being family, due to the Disney & Henson partnership.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Wow, I cant believe I have never posted here. I perfer Rainbow Connection (it used to be my ringtone). I think the song flows better. In all honesty I cringe when I hear Being Green. To me it choppy. Rainbow Connection is smooth.

Please dont hurt me :cry:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Now, why would anyone hurt you for you merely speaking your mind?