Beautiful Day Monster Appreciation thread

fatblue

Reaction score
BD Monster

He was quite a scary one, and that 'B' skit used to scare the heck out of me too! In his Muppet Show days, he didn't seem as frightening though. That 'Got anything cheaper?' skit with Paul Williams was great! Anyone who saw it, knows what I mean.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Between

Poor Kermit suffered a lot during the first season, with various monsters interrupting his demonstrations. But noone did a more thorough job of trashing the place than Beautiful Day when Kermit talked about "that far-out, groovy, nifty, keen, really fun word, BETWEEN!"
Kermit demonstrated between with a ping-pong ball, donut, and a Beatle record stacked on a table, how one object was between two others.
BD came along and ate everything (being the Beatle fan I was, I was upset when he ate the record. However, if it was a copy of the Let it Be album, I'd give him mine too!) while Kermit shook with fright under the table. BD soon reduced the table to a pile of splinters. When there was nothing left to eat, he even started to nibble on Kermit's foot, until our green friend managed to get away. Thankfully that's as close to cannibalism Sesame ever got. :smile:

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Thanks for that lovely memory refresher, Mr. Fuzzygobo. I think he must have eaten "Wild Honey Pie". Even though that wasn't a Beatles single, I'm trying to think of the worst (and tastiest) Beatles song ever. I really can't think of a bad Beatles song. Okay, even though it's not as tasty, I'll let Beautiful Day Monster eat Spector's "Let it Be." But I'm getting way off topic..... :smile:

Yeah, the Muppet Show version Beautiful Day wasn't nearly as scary. Richard Hunt mellowed out his voice and he took on more of a silly "got hit with a frypan" look. Even though he wasn't as scary, EVERY TIME I'd watch the Muppet Show, I'd look for him during the "This is what we call the Muppet Showww" part.....He was always in one of the top "windows". Also, when they'd pan to the audience, you usually always saw a shadow-covered figure of him in the way back, and that used to freak me out a bit. But nothing like the BD monster on Sesame Street did. NOTHING (well, other than possibly Sammy the Snake) can hold a candle to the scary factor of Frank's BD Monster on Sesame Street. Yikes. :eek:

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
I love pictures of B.D.
If anyone has 'em, send 'em to me! I'm a huge fan of B.D.!
He's one of my favorites.