Beaker replica

TML

Reaction score
Thanks. I used Christmas ornaments for eyes. Now to get em to light up!:eek:

batjimi

Reaction score
These are great replicas can I ask if you used quaker oats cans?? they are the cardboard ones? I have to make one of these, any help would be great also where did you get the shirt? just store bought?

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
These are great replicas can I ask if you used quaker oats cans?? they are the cardboard ones? I have to make one of these, any help would be great also where did you get the shirt? just store bought?
Yep, the head is made with two Quaker Oat cardboard tubes. The bottom of his mouth is wear the tubes connect. The shirt is actually just some white fabric I had with a checked pattern drawn on with a fabric marker, as that's what was available. It's not an actual shirt. Just fabric wrapped around the tube and a collar and tie attached. TML's photos posted above show how he did his, and it's almost just like mine in that respect.

batjimi

Reaction score
Todd the chicken looks awesome "nice legs" cany wait to see flyod!

muppetguy

Reaction score
Hey TML, Did you ever go any further on your Miss Piggy head sculpture? Made a puppet of her? I love you work, great stuff!

TML

Reaction score
Been working this summer on refining the sculpture with a friend and figuring out how to cast it and use cold foam. Anyone have any suggestions?

gooby1244

Reaction score
Yep, the head is made with two Quaker Oat cardboard tubes. The bottom of his mouth is wear the tubes connect. The shirt is actually just some white fabric I had with a checked pattern drawn on with a fabric marker, as that's what was available. It's not an actual shirt. Just fabric wrapped around the tube and a collar and tie attached. TML's photos posted above show how he did his, and it's almost just like mine in that respect.
did you sew the fleece and mouth fabric together first, and then stretch it all over the cardboard tube? or did you use another method to putting on the fleece skin and red mouth fabric?