Beaker and Bunsen: The Chicken or the egg?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here is a chicken and egg questian I would like to pose to you all.

Was it an experiment of Bunsen that made Beaker start to Meep? Or was it Beaker's Meep that so annoied him he was forced to hurt his assistent and find it funny?

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmm....

Given their dynamics I'd say it was an accident. It just seems to me that there is something besides the usual boss/assistant thing in their relationship. Like in the sketch where :eek: legs stretch and :confused: says "I never knew you wore stripey socks." It's almost a s/m type thing.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Um...isn't it just that Beaker talks as such and Bunsen is a crackpot-ish yet lovable professor? I don't think that he hurts Beaker on purpose, and I think Beaker meeps because thats nature...

unclematt

Reaction score
It isnt often but I agree totally with Cantus Rock

Just playing Cantus

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
Um...isn't it just that Beaker talks as such and Bunsen is a crackpot-ish yet lovable professor? I don't think that he hurts Beaker on purpose, and I think Beaker meeps because thats nature...
Yet, nothing can disguise the fact that Bunsen takes a manic-like pleasure in the pain of his assitent. Could this be a guilt-turned-vengence?

My thoghts are that it was some kind of accident that caused Beaker from having a deep voice, to having a deep Meeping voice. Now, in the real world, Kermit encoraged Bunsen to experiment again and try to cure it, and as such, the next experiment caused the Meep to be a squeak. Whereas in the alternate universe, his voice is Meeps,but low.

No?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beaker has always been a Meeper.

I hate to use it as reference, but even in the Muppet Babies cartoon (ugh) he meeped.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Bunsen doesnt mean to hurt Beaker. He just does and there is hilarious outcomes!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Any psychiatrist would agree with me. That laughter does not match with accidently pain for Beaker. Have you seen the Banana Sharpener sketch? He did that on purpose. Why? I do not know.