Bad Baby Names

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
zootlove said:
I have a friend of mine who is a minister. Her name is (get this) Penny Dollar. I feel so bad for her. Imagine the names she got is school. :sympathy: :cool:
I bet people always want to borrow money from her... Wokka wokka!

Ziffel

Reaction score
zootlove said:
I have a friend of mine who is a minister. Her name is (get this) Penny Dollar. I feel so bad for her. Imagine the names she got is school. :sympathy: :cool:
About a couple of years ago or so, I heard a list of actual names along those lines. Forgot a lot of 'em but two that stick out are Ilene Dover and Justin Case.
And it always seemed a little on the cruel side to me when I would hear of parents giving their kids the same first and last name. Two such cases are Thomas Thomas and Rose Rose. And someone once told me he knew of a guy whose middle name was even the same: Scott Scott Scott!
Another type of situation that is understandable is if people move to a foreign country and wish to give their kids names that are common back in their home country. For instance, we knew this family from Pakistan named Shabaz and Nashish. And they had a boy and named him something that sounded like Oosmon. One of my neighbors said, "The only problem is when he gets to kindergarten the other kids will probably come up to him and say, "Hey Oosmon man give me five!" Oh brother! :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I know someone named Sandy Pool. :big_grin: The poor lady.

zootlove

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I bet people always want to borrow money from her... Wokka wokka!
Well, at least her son's name is Kurc. Kurc told me one day that if he ever had a daughter he would name her Aneeda Dollar. Get it. :cool:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Worst one I've ever heard about is from my aunt. While reading through a book of baby names from the '30s, she came across "Brainard". If you name your child "Brainard", you might as well just put him in therapy right from the beginning,

Convincing John

Reaction score
This isn't really a baby name, it's a last name. You won't believe this...

At one of my previous jobs, there were three people there whose last name was...Chicken. That's right, Chicken. Think of those poor people:

"How are the kids, Mrs. Chicken?"

You'd half expect them to reply "Not so good. One of them just came down with the People Pox."

As for a bad baby name, I'd say...Elmo. I've never heard it used to name a real kid (thank goodness)...but I did know of a kid named "Jerzee" once. There's another one I heard of whose name was "Toto". I kid you not. That was his real name. Toto.:smirk:

Convincing John

That Announcer

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
This isn't really a baby name, it's a last name. You won't believe this...

At one of my previous jobs, there were three people there whose last name was...Chicken. That's right, Chicken. Think of those poor people:

"How are the kids, Mrs. Chicken?"
Oh, that's just bad. And I thought the "Gonzo and Camilla" analogy was funny if you used Prince Charles, now it's even funnier...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hahaha!!

I have another one, too. I used to know someone who's last name is Mann, and teachers used to call him "Mr. Mann". It always made me giggle.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
gfarkwort said:
one of my neighbors is named Phil Bohl (pronounced bowl)
At least his name wasn't Ty D. Bohl.

When I was in college, I knew a guy named Tad Moore.