Avenge the Fallen!

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
OH MY GOD!

THAT WAS UNREAL

SUCH A GREAT FILM WITH SO MANY FANTASTIC MOMENTS

11/10 BEST FILM OF THE YEAR AND IF IT DOESN'T GET NOMINATED FOR BEST FILM AT THE OSCARS I'LL SCREAM

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I
OH MY GOD!

THAT WAS UNREAL

SUCH A GREAT FILM WITH SO MANY FANTASTIC MOMENTS

11/10 BEST FILM OF THE YEAR AND IF IT DOESN'T GET NOMINATED FOR BEST FILM AT THE OSCARS I'LL SCREAM
I totally agree! Probably one of the greatest movies I have ever seen! I absolutely loved every minute of it!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Wow guys...I...I don't feel that. Infinity War and Endgame are such different films, with different tones, that I felt I was watching something by a different director than the Russo Brothers. Yes, Endgame is good, yes it hits a lot of the right comicbookfan spots, yes, it gave some screentime to underused heroes.

But.

SPOILERALERT...

WHY was the decision made to kill off Black Widow instead of Hawkeye? Especially as there are so few female characters? Especially after building up the whole "Dark Clint" thing right from the opening scene of the film? I loved the fight scene between the two of them, each trying to sacrifice themselves for the Soul Stone, but honestly Clint should have won that fight, from a narrative perspective. Killing BW off just left me with a bad taste.

Tony's sacrifice was beautiful; Steve finally getting some happiness lovely and deserved. And I do like the open threads caused by the time-travel hijinks. Clearly the next GotG will be about Starlord trying to win over a Gamora who doesn't know him. And I'm glad that Loki is somewhere out there with a Tesseract...but disappointed that this undoes the brotherly bonding (and new sense of purpose) Loki found in Ragnarok. Oh, and Sam being passed the torch was a nice touch.

Very curious to see what happens in the MCU next. However, this film just felt like too much stuffed into one storyline, with some breaks in logic big enough to run a herd of rhinos through, and at least one event I didn't agree with at all. I'll still keep watching, though.