Authentic Fraggle Doozer Puppet on eBay

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
WOW, what a neat thing to have in your collection...
Anybody have some loose change lying around? LOL :stick_out_tongue:

It looks like Modem, Cotterpin's mother.

- Billy :cool:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Woah! Cool. My only concern would be the notorious deterioration of the foam latex. I wonder how one would safeguard against that. Maybe I'll ask at the next guild meeting.

KPrell

Reaction score
Hi folks,

It does seem to be the real thing.

I passed the Ebay link to several Fraggle folks and heard this back from Tim McElcheran, one of the special effects guys on the show:

"I remember that one. It was the welder. The sort of jack hammer affair with the threaded rod at the end of it had a rotating wheel and a spring-loaded zippo lighter flint that threw sparks which were not terribly visible, so George (Clark, the other SFX man) and I would wire it with a spark hit fired electrically. This always fried its monofilament (the clear fishing line holding it in place), so it would weld a joint and suddenly go all floppy. I think I remember (Stephen) Finney telling me that Faz (Fazakas, the Henson workshop genius in charge of mechanizing the Doozers) had given him one of the Doozers."

So there you go - a little piece of Fraggle history.

- Karen

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Karen,

Hey,
I think i know this Doozer then...

In the very beginning of an episode, There is a Doozer with one of these contraptions welding something, And it takes up the whole screen.

And we see flashes !

Remember ?

see ya

beaker

Reaction score
$5,000 and the reserve isnt even met? I rather pay $25 g's for the Mayhem bus. ITs a stationary puppet as well.

So this might be the first 'muppet' to authenitcally be on ebay to some...but I think for $5000 its just a prop.

Thanks for authenticating it though Karen...but still,
$5,000+?...eeek!

Joggy

Reaction score
So it IS the real thing. Hm. I'm pulling back my doubts. I thought it was FAKE.

Struble

Reaction score
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, don't I wish I had $5,000 just burning a hole in my pocket.

*sighs*

Sh.

Joe

Reaction score
Someone win the lotto, quick!!

Joe

Sweetums74

Reaction score
It is definately a great piece.
The best thing about this auction is that it did provide really detailed pics of the guy. Enough details that if someone had the time, they could probably make a good reproduction if they wanted to.