Australian Puppeteers Unite!

Bogey Bunny

Reaction score
I would like to set up a database of professional (and aspiring) puppeteers that are located in Australia. I have some projects that have been green-lighted with funding from various sources and need to put a core crew of builders and performers together.

I am a professional puppeteer who has several puppets on Australian Pay TV channel Fox Kids and have also built Agro for the Australian free-to-air network - Channel Seven.

Please respond if you are interested.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Where are you based?Is travelling involved or can people help by filming something and posting it in?

Kiki

Reaction score
Thank you Bogen Bunny!
Unfortunatly, I'm not a puppeteer (mind you I'd love to be because I love to perform with puppets) but I do live in Melbourne, Australia and it's good to see s'more puppetry in Aus!
You built Agro?? Wow, cool! :excited: :smile:

puppetise

Reaction score
im a aspiring pupprteer and builder veiw my work at PPW i have performed onstage many of times and would love to get involved (oh im in australia 2)And at my age i would love to start getting some more proffesional background reffrences oh and i adore agro

Bogey Bunny

Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded. I am based currently in Brisbane. Let me just clarify that I built the new Agro for Seven, as the original Agro (based on the Fisher Price Animal puppet) fell apart after years of having yoghurt tipped over him and after being mauled by various guest animals that were brought to the set of Agro's TV Show.

Thanks to Buck for the heads up about UNIMA. I am very intersted to hear from more Aussie puppeteers.

Hey Kiki - where have you performed?

puppetise

Reaction score
question would some one like me have a posible chance of gettiong involved? im in sydney

practicecactus

Reaction score
hey cool. I, like many, grew up with Agro on Tv in the mornings before school.
With the only other Major kids Puppetry show being 'The Ferals'.

Agro's looking a little bit worse for wear now. But it's appropriate. He looks old and haggered, which is fitting considering how long he's been on tv.

You and Jamie Dunn good friends then?

Sam Bald Eagle

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm a profesional puppeteer and maker based in melbourne would love to get involved.... am currently workin on the walking with dinosoars live arena show as a puppeteer....:smile: im a velocer raptor lol
drop me a line so we can have a chat about your projects:smile:....
I also know a heap of pro puppeteers and makers in melb and sydney if you are looking for any specific skills.

thedoogles

Reaction score
More Aussie Puppeteers...

I think it is sensational to see so many new puppeteers in Australia. I was beginning to think we were a dying breed.

There are so many opportunities out there for puppeteers. After hitting my 30th birthday this August I realised I needed to get serious and so 'for my puppets The Doogles' I've finally begun being more active with my puppets... it's just hard when there are so few puppeteers about...

At the moment I've just started working on a whole new generation of Doogle characters and if you get the time.. I would love u to check out the site and have you fill in my guestbook thedoogles.com

Anyone live in the illawarra? or closeby who also likes to perform?

Cheers
Michael:zany: