Attack of the clones

BorkBork

Reaction score
Hey!

I just came home from a private pre-premiere screening of Starwars II. Man, it was great. Now things are starting to fall into place in the story. I understand much more of the older films now, after seeing this one.

I will not spoil anything for you, so i wont tell anymore of it.

By the way, Yoda looks really great as a CG animation. Much more facial expressions now, and...you can see him move in full body. Awesome. Go see it :smile:

/Anders

Jackie

Reaction score
NO SPOILERS OR I WILL BE VERY VERY UPSET! No one post any spoilers AT ALL! This is the whole reason why i am going tonight at midnight. I do not want people telling me what happens tomorrow LOL!

I AM SOOOOO pumped for this movie! Ask Byron! I just got off the phone with him!

REALLY!

I DID!

LOL!

FRYMYHIDE!

beaker

Reaction score
forget the spider, forget the blade, forget the scorpion....
THIS is the film Ive been waiting for for so long! Ive read a gillion reviews from even the most harshest of critics(some who called Episode One the biggest piece of doo doo) and they are unanmous in their priase. I hope Sony Metreon Imax in San Francisco will be playing Episode Two, as I always envisioned IMAX as the best way to see it. And yes, while Yoda is all cgi, Frank is STILL the voice and I heard we finally get to see Toda kick some butt. So indeed....soon...the imperial glactic battle shall begin!(*I hope it comes close to the first time I saw Jedi in the theare, best movie experience next to seeing MTM in theatres!)

///beaker///

PS: If you like Star Wars and you like humour, check out THEE FUNNIEST cartoon thing since The super friends wassup commercial(if you have a funny bone, youve gotta love this)

(*note: this short musical is rated G, no swearing or inuendo)

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1403

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
beaker

Weird. I don't think I ever knew you were in San Francisco. I'll be avoiding the zoo at the Metreon and I'll probably see it at Van Ness. It's practically next door and I can easily pick my tix up early. That's how I got to see Spiderman so easily.

I do hear from critics that the digital-film format is not best viewed on the largest of screens as it's resolution is much less than that of regular film. I'm still on the fence about that.

Jara19

Reaction score
I will not spoil anything , but I loved this movie. Second best behind ESB. Yoda does look great in CGI.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Froggy

It's sold out where I am, and I work night shift, so I hafta wait until the weekend. I've been reading the reviews, and yes, Roger Ebert has said that it's not best on a huge screen. The other reviews have been mostly negative, yet they all begrudgingly admit it's better than Phantom Menace.

Up until today, I didn't know that Yoda was 100% digital.

A lot of the reviews consider this to be Yoda's film, so that's a victory for us Muppet fans...but only in a classic sense as it's Frank's voice, and not his physical performance in the film.

Hmmm...kinda weird that the best Muppet performance of 2002 is really just a bunch of ones and zeroes in a hard drive somewhere.

Anyway, go see it a ton of times, everybody. Meep that faith :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's what I originally heard before other critics started slamming it. But then again - these critics that say the new films don't live up to the originals didn't like the first trilogy much in the first place so it all has to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm stoked!

matleo

Reaction score
Saw it loved it. I can see a few places where critics wouldn't like it. Although I actually read one review where the author said "Fans will love it! Critics are gonna hate it!So ignore everything we say." And then he went on to slam it. Yoda was great. In fact, it was a real departure for Frank as an actor. Ya know how even in Episode 5 there's still that sort of "Muppet side" embedded in him, not so much with this one. It was weird seeing Yoda as CGI too. At first I thought, "No, Yoda can't do that with his face" and then I realized "well, it's a younger Yoda" and I went with it. I'm actualy kina sorry they used the puppet on Episode 1 cause I thought Yoda looked older in that one and stiffer. Oh well.
Jar Jar IS on the film but much less annoying. Actually I didn't mind him at all in this one. And he's much better animated.
And not to spoil it but when you watch it keep the first trilogy in mind, there are a LOT of story elements and themes that echo future mov...uhm I mean the past mov......Uhm, i mean the past movies that take place in the future..in the future, a long time ago in a galaxy far far a...my head hurts.
But seriously, I really want to see this one incontext between 1 and 4. There's a lot fro mthe first oen you have to rememebr and a lot of stuff set pu for 4 and 5, I may watch 4,5 over the weekend just to see.

beaker

Reaction score
frogboy:

>>>Weird. I don't think I ever knew you were in San Francisco. I'll be avoiding the zoo at the Metreon and I'll probably see it at Van Ness. It's practically next door and I can easily pick my tix up early. That's how I got to see Spiderman so easily<<<

hey j! well, i dont live in sf, just go there a lot^_^ I hope to somehow get a tech or gaming industry job by the end of the year. Would *sooo* love to live in the bay area! Youre really lucky. Ok, funny ya mention van ness AMC as that is THE ONLY theatre I plan on seeing sw at. Hey, we should hook up one of these days. If I dont go to E3 I might be able to make it down to van bess for episode two. btw, is that where the digital screening is? I read that somewhere, and HAVE to see it on a digital screen.

:: beaker ::

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be cool. I'm probably going to the next puppet guild meeting in a week or so.

I think that the film is supposed to look better digitally projected because the film transfer from digital film appears murky. You think they could fix that.