Attack of the Clones arrives on DVD November 12

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Not a big Kevin Smith fan. I'm going to stick to my opinion of Mark gargling on The Muppet Show being the highlight of his career.

-Chris

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I haven't seen ANY of the Thumb movies after seeing Star Wars--are they really that good? Should I bother tracking them down?

What about Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? Haven't seen that either.

Recommendations/Non-Recommendations?

Out of the loop.

Quinnnnnnnn
None of them are as good as Thumb Wars, though each have their moments. Thumbtanic would probably be my second favorite just for the moment when the giant Tarantula attacks the boat. But hey, for $10 a DVD I don't need an instant classic every time.

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back: Mark Hamill's cameo just disturbed me. However, Will Farrell's role and several other cameos made up for it. The main thing is that you really have to be familiar with Kevin Smith's other movies to enjoy this film.

Personally, I don't particularly care for most of Smith's movies. However, I *really* enjoyed the Clerks Animated series and was sorry to see it pulled off the air before it had the chance. There's a 2-disc DVD that has all the episodes.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby

Personally, I don't particularly care for most of Smith's movies. However, I *really* enjoyed the Clerks Animated series and was sorry to see it pulled off the air before it had the chance. There's a 2-disc DVD that has all the episodes.
Really? That's interesting!

Joseph

Reaction score
I didn't like the cartoon as much as the movie.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joseph
I didn't like the cartoon as much as the movie.
I never saw the cartoons though, do you have them?

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

I never saw the cartoons though, do you have them?
Nope I didnt enjoy them so i never got the DVD's

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

Well that makes sense :smile:

The pulp fiction dvd comes out next week I will have to get that.

And we got all those dvds coming out in september.

Death to smoochy, Monsters Inc, that we will have to get and watch. We should watch a beautiful mind again too.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Anyone know when Monsters INC is coming out on DVD? I'm guessing around Halloween, but anyone know? I'm too lazy to go on a hunt.

I like Kevin Smith's movies, and I do really want to see the toon--but he is definitely an affected, acquired taste. I just read his Green Arrow hardback comic book, and it was very well written, but again, a very specific style. Sometimes I like it, sometimes it's a tad annoying. I still like his stuff though.

Because sometimes I'M a tad annoying.

"tad."

Quinnnnnnnnn

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quinn... Monsters Inc. comes to DVD on September 17, 2002.