Atlanta Museum Exhibit

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I remember reading last year that 800 of the original puppets from Muppet productions, Sesame, Fraggle Rock, and any other Henson production was donated to this Puppetry Museum in Atlanta. I remember doing some research and noticed that they still didn't make that huge exhibit where all of those puppets are on display. Isn't it suppose to be ready by 2012 or 2013 or something like that?

I would just love to see that whenever it comes out. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
This exhibit at the Center for Puppetry Arts has been pushed back to 2013. That's what the curator told me when I was there last month. They have to build a new wing for it, and, as we all know, times is tough lately. The resurgence of the Muppets might just give them the push they need, though.

They do have a Henson exhibit, and some Muppet, Fraggle, and other puppets on display now.

Walter

Reaction score
Yeah, in addition to red and Mokey, you can also see Rowlf, The swedish Chef, Big Bird, Dr.teeth, Kermit(in poser form) and many other muppet/henson puppets.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Yep. A Skeksis, Link, Dr. Strangepork, Jim, some Doozers, Sir Didymus, the two Labyrinth doors, a lot of Helping Hands from the Oubliette, Ernie, the La Choy Dragon, Vugsy Them and two police dogs, the Fraggles' "Nativity Puppets"...

fragglerockr

Reaction score
There are lots of cool things at The Center to see. One of my very good friends in a puppeteer there and invites me to see shows there all the time. I highly recommend it! I took a video puppetry class with Steve Whitmire there. They also screen lots of puppet and puppetry related movies, as well.

The new Henson wing is going to be cool. I can't comment it on it really because I was asked specifically not to talk about it by Center Employees. Suffice it to say, when it does finally open to the public, it will make Muppet Fans very, very happy!

Fragglerockr

Walter

Reaction score
There are lots of cool things at The Center to see. One of my very good friends in a puppeteer there and invites me to see shows there all the time. I highly recommend it! I took a video puppetry class with Steve Whitmire there. They also screen lots of puppet and puppetry related movies, as well.

The new Henson wing is going to be cool. I can't comment it on it really because I was asked specifically not to talk about it by Center Employees. Suffice it to say, when it does finally open to the public, it will make Muppet Fans very, very happy!

Fragglerockr
I'm so excited! It sounds awesome! I would love to take a class there, If you don't mind saying, around how much does a puppetry class cost?

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Walter,

It really depends. They don't necessarily offer puppeteering classes all the time. The classes are all different. Right now, they happen to have one coming up in January they are offering a one-day Hand and Rod manipulation class (tho it's sold out) that is $20.00 for members or $25.00 for non-members.

I can't remember how much the lecture and workshop from Steve Whitmire was. It was kind of a rare thing. That's not the kind of thing they have all the time. Best thing to do is keep your eye on the website.

Fragglerockr

Walter

Reaction score
Okay I will, Thanks for the info!