Asking Any Anything

Any Del

Reaction score
But I really want to do is the Zero Gravity activity where I'm on a plane and I feel like I'm on the moon.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ooohhh yes! I haven't tried that either. Definitely would be down for it....

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
What's an activity that you haven't done, but would like to do someday?

Any Del

Reaction score
Go hiking and splunking. I've always wanted to do those...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Bump!

How much did you go reee on the inside discovering those edits removing Spanish segments?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My guy, I want to hear your thoughts on each season of Thomas and Friends. 👀

Any Del

Reaction score
Seasons 1- 4: Don't really have much to say about those seasons but to say it was very cool to see how Thomas originally started. George Carlin's narrations were pleasant though I felt like some episodes he could have put more effort such as the "OY YOU!" guard from "Thomas in Trouble". The music from those seasons I have nothing to complain about although there were some music from those seasons I enjoy personally. Others not so much.

Seasons 5 - 6: Now, Season 5 was the season I was exposed to Thomas way back in 2001 along with the Magic Railroad. Alec Baldwin (despite being a complete a-hole now) was by far the funniest narrator and still is whenever I re-watch Season 5. The music scores from that season in my opinion were better than some of the scores from Seasons 1 - 4 (etc: Thomas' theme, Edward's theme, Sir Topham Hatt's theme and etc). Leading onto Season 6 the gray lighting was a bit distracting meaning it took away some of the colors from the set. Alec Baldwin still being the narrator and listening to music scores from Mike O' Donnell and Junior Campbell were still a treat. Those two seasons are my holy grails! :smile:

Season 7: I personally LOVED the UK version of this season than the US because music composers Mike O'Donnell and Junior Campbell were in this season (unfortunately this season was their last). Not to mention this was the last season from the Britt era and Michael Angelis' narrators were better than Michael Brandon's. And this season was pretty much showing the decline of Thomas but it was still tolerable. Also Alec Baldwin wasn't the narrator in this season which was a shame. Also in the U.S this season aired along with episodes from the following season which leads me to this:

Season 8: THIS was the season that REALLY declined Thomas even MORE. Going back to Season 7 I didn't start seeing the U.S. version of that season until it was paired with Season 8 episodes back in 2004. Now there were SOME music scores such as "Engine Roll Call" that were enjoyable but the music didn't ignite a spark in me like the previous seasons did. The stories were just flat out boring. Michael Brandon was irritating as a narrator and the characters weren't being themselves. Take Emily for example. From Season 7 she was like that big sister that was compassionate, now here she's this bossy, impatience little b*tch that would give you a headache.

Seasons 9 - 11: The same I said about the U.S. versions of Seasons 7 and 8; the characters were not being themselves and etc. For "The Great Discovery" from Season 11 was enjoyable nonetheless.

Season 12: This season was a TOUGH pill to swallow. The fact that it was the start of the CGI series and showing what the future of Thomas would be was disheartening. Granted this season still had the models but blending it with CGI was weird and didn't look good. I miss seeing the show FULLY modeled and unfortunately this was the last time we would ever see the models again. :frown: Oh and Michael Brandon was narrator...again.

Season 13 -16: Welp, this season and onwards made me jumped ship from Thomas altogether. The series was now fully CGI and like I said it was a TOUGH pill to swallow. The stories were boring as f*** and Michael Brandon still sucked. However, I did love the fact that the characters have their OWN voice actors! It was around 2015 when "The Adventure Begins" made me appreciate the CGI series and had me back on ship with Thomas due to re-telling the stories from Season 1. That movie brought back nostalgia and did my soul good.

Seasons 17 - 21: Michael Brandon is NO MORE! FINALLY! The characters were starting to be themselves again, the stories were interesting and really loved the music score in those seasons. New narrator reminded me of Michael Angelis and I loved every bit of it. This season made me appreciate the CGI even more! Plus, they even brought back old characters which was a treat! Thomas was going back to the show I once loved as kid and was rising again! Until.....

Seasons 22 -24 (B.W.B.A): Didn't care much about it and Thomas starting declining....again. I hated the fact that Henry and Edward were replaced by new engines just so the show can shove their agendas to fans' faces. :rolleyes: The stories were meh and the music score was meh as well. Mattel didn't know what they were doing with Thomas here (ironically they started working on it since Season 21 and it was fine) and it gets worse from here:

2-D Thomas: THIS. ENDED. THOMAS. FOR ME. Thomas was officially DEAD at this point. Mattel seriously F***ED up a beloved series/creation for marketing purposes. Thomas has lost its identity starting this series. It looks like a generic kids show and its dull. Some of the voices are just off putting for some characters. I have jumped ship from Thomas permanently. Mattel can go bankrupt for all I care.

So that's how I feel about every single season of Thomas and Friends.