Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Warrick-

Gonzo wore a few different tuxes. One was a light pinkish-purple, but the main one wasn't flat-out purple. It was burgundy (wine colored), actually closer to Palisades' coloring, but I think they're still tweaking the colors. Knowing Henson's current wacky color choices, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it bright green! LOL! (Just kidding) :concern:

Misfit Toy-

I agree with the coloring. It's rather flat and the hands don't match the face (as I mentioned in my MC review). Although I have to ask if you own the Gonzo bust or are just going off the pictures you've seen. It really is an amazing piece. The second best of the Sideshow series so far. I have a sneaking suspicion that the original Gonzo bust had a purple nose that was later changed by the Henson art department. :grouchy:

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4

Misfit Toy-

I agree with the coloring. It's rather flat and the hands don't match the face (as I mentioned in my MC review). Although I have to ask if you own the Gonzo bust or are just going off the pictures you've seen. It really is an amazing piece. The second best of the Sideshow series so far. I have a sneaking suspicion that the original Gonzo bust had a purple nose that was later changed by the Henson art department. :grouchy:
No I don't own it, but I've seen it in person many times. It's well-made for sure, but the stuff Palisades is putting out makes the weaknesses all the more noticeable.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I agree with you. Sideshow's Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, Sam and even Kermit pale in comparison to Palisades' figures. They'd topped Palisades in the Gonzo department until now. However, I do not know how the Palisades gang can achieve the perfection of the Rowlf bust - only because Rowlf is such a blobby fellow. It's difficult to create an articulated figure out of him. The busts are still fantastic, but most of them are not worth their price point.

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Agreed!

I LOVE their Swedish Chef, it's beautiful. And their Rowlf is jaw-dropping, the fold in the neck are what really stand out to me. The medium that they work in, inarticulated busts, does give them an advantage but it's suprosing to see how Palisades has upped them in a few cases.

Gotta love their Rowlf!!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Some Muppet figure news for those who do not read the Palisades forum :-

- As from Series 4 - the Muppet action figures will be coming in 'Clamshell' type packaging rather than the Card/Blister making it easier to find the items mint and undamaged.

- Vacation Pepe has left for China and his accessories include a soft plastic Floatie as well as all the other stuff mentioned. He's wearing a shirt and shorts. Ken says it's the funniest figure they've ever done.

- SRP for Series 4 and beyond has been raised to $9.99

- There will be no figure bases in Series 4 but they will return in Series 5

WiGgY

Reaction score
About the busts, I think some are better because they work from pictures and copy those posses. Like the Rowlf one, I think. I've seen a picture of Rowlf in that pose in the Muppet Central collectable page. The Rowlf bust is the best possible likeness. Unless Palisades does a HUGE redesign of the figure. He's just too fluid in motion to get a real good likeness as an action figure.

Jamie, do you think you could work with Ken on Rowlf in the same way you worked with him on that FANTASTIC Gonzo?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
KEN!!

OMG! Whoever did the new Gonzo sculpt gets a raise...from...somewhere! Those pics are amazing, and I hope the paints will blow me away, too!!

GEEZ, I'm so excited about this line still...wish the release dates were closer together so I can get my stuff quicker.

FOZ

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
KEN!!

OMG! Whoever did the new Gonzo sculpt gets a raise...from...somewhere! Those pics are amazing, and I hope the paints will blow me away, too!!

GEEZ, I'm so excited about this line still...wish the release dates were closer together so I can get my stuff quicker.

FOZ
Kevin,

Give Jamie some props. He worked hard on photoshop (I think it was photoshop, or something like it) to show Ken and company how to improv Gonzo. Ken gave him props over at Palisades for doing this!!! It gave the scuplture something to go on.

Luke

Reaction score
LETS HEAR IT FOR THE FROGBOY .............. YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(If only the Henson designers could worry so much about how Gonzo looks in merchandise form like our Jamie and Kenneth does they might actually come to the right decisions for once)

Saying that, i didn't think the old Gonzo head they had twiddled about with for the Tux prototype was bad anyway - why did they pay to redo it completely ? I guess lots more Gonzo figures are in the works.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
I agree, Mega Gonzo would be cool. Was hoping someone would menion that. And Mega chicken too.

Chad Kermit