Ask Ken at Palisades

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Wanna make some Roger Rabbit figures. Ken? What would you really want to make from that film if you got the license?

Oh, and eeeeeeeek! :wink: :big_grin: :zany:
*Raises Hand!*

I second it! Make some Roger Rabbit figures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...P-p-p-p-p-please...

-Roger Rabbit
-Jessica Rabbit
-Eddie Valiant
-Benny the Cab
-Judge Doom
-Weasels multi-pack
-Bongo the chimp bouncer
-Betty Boop!!!!
-Donald
-Daffy (re-use Rowlf's piano!!)
-Baby Herman

-Variant Jessica Rabbit in Sparkley Dress
-Variant "Crazy" Roger Rabbit (after he drinks alcohol)

*Drooooool* I would kill for a good, quality, fully-articulated Roger Rabbit line!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I feel that I need to clear the air and defend my name in a last-ditch effort. Firstly, I did commence this semi-conversation due to Zack the Dog's sig line. Secondly, Jamie, I'm truly sorry of incurring your movie-worshipping wrath and ask for a full pardon. Didn't even know about the awards until after you pointed them out in your posts above. It's just that when you see this movie with all the Disney and Warner Brothers characters you loved as achild during that awkward age of 12-14 years old, start getting weird dreams that mess with your personal likes and dislikes, and then get a somewhat nervous or bad feeling when you see the next time, it becomes a movie that you (or rather I) prefer to pass. Though I confess that after your counterarguments, I think I might try watching the movie again and re-evaluate my opinion of the movie as a whole. But I'm not sure when that would happen, since I'm not sure if I'd gather the courage necessary for such an attempt. Third, if I see the movie again and come up with a few figure ideas of my own, I'll surely contribute them to the cause. Finally, thought that the magazine would be included with the Vacation Pepe figure. But comic book or graphic novel stylized covers would truly fit the feel of the figure's accessory.
Hope this helps clarify matters and put them to bed once and for all. Have a good day.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just got my Mediom Roger , Benny and Jessica figures. I'm opening a Roger thread here just in case anyone wants to talk more about Roger.

PS - No sweat, Count. It's just that your statement required a reply. As I pointed out, it's actually quite a comliment to the filmmakers to take all the work they've done for granted because it means they have made it appear seamless. That actually is the highest honor...well it would have been better if you praised the film. LOL! But everyone has their right to an opinion. Just thought there were other amazing (non-sexual) elements in Roger Rabbit that at least made it a spectacular effects film. To be honest, the third act always loses me in the film.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up again, but...
Spent tonight watching a really classic movie over on AMC. It was a movie that I wanted to see after the original novel that inspired the horror classic, and its companion sequel novel. The movie you ask? Rosemary's Baby! Now I know that some paint work and perhaps a little sculpt molding would be needed, but I'm convinced more than ever that the 12 inch figure of Jessica Rabbit with the packed-in Baby Herman would make such a cool custom of Rosemary Woodhouse. The face could stay as is with that slight subtle sinister smile and slyness, and a little molding with the sculpting material would ensue to make the horn buds and cloven hands and feet for the baby. Yes, the Jessica Rabbit figure as Rosemary & her Baby and the WWE Al Snow figure as Psycho Norman Bates vould be vonderful additions to my monster roster. But these plans will have to wait until my production team can get to them, after the Muppet custom figures on the current docket. Hope this helps and have a good fright.

gaffercat

Reaction score
hey the count, just wanted to let you know that movoe maniacs already has a norman bates action figure with a removable wig, its very cool, he is the only one i have waiting for them to make a hannible lector figure. but the rosemarys baby idea is very cool. where did you find these roger rabbit figs? are they from when the movie was first released?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello GafferCat. Already knew that Movie Maniacs included a figure version of Psycho Norman Bates in their lineups. Just wasn't rully satisfied with the concept they made for the figure. Thought that it would look much cooler and creepier to use an Al Snow figure from WWE, paint him to look like Norman Bates dressed up in tuxedolike garb making him appear as a ritzy hotel manager, and then use the accessory or pack-in of Head as a base to paint it into a bust of Norman's mother. Of course a bit of sculpting material would be needed to finish the job, but it was an idea I had back when. As for finding the Roger Rabbit figures, the onlly one I know of cause I actively searched for it, is the Jessica Rabbit sold by Disney and auctioned off on www.ebay.com. You can find it by either entering "Jessica" or "Jessica Rabbit" in the Smart Search feature's Edit field, set the match for "Exclusive Phrases" and then look for it within Toys & Hobbies category, sorting the items in Newly Listed Order. Hope this helps and have a good day.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

Hey,
I was wondering if the Three Tomatoes that come with (1)Statler and (2) Waldorf will all be from the same mold, Or will they look different in appearance ?

Is there any chance of making the Scallion instead of One Tomato ?

And, Will the Playbill be the same as the one that we can see Waldorf reading in the large picture in the back of Of Muppets And Men (the book) ?

It seems like they actually made one, It is illustrated on the front and back cover.
It would be nice if it had that same illustration on it.

Im really pleased about the Vegetables, to me thats just like more Pack In Muppets !

Thanks

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought it would be best to ask this here in this thread due to the fact that anybody who's anybody has posted here and gets updates from this particular thread over any other one in the whole forum. Does anybody know a fellow forum member who has the following E-mail address: he-boy@ optusnet.com.au ? If so, who is this forum member or what is their name? Just asking to see if you guys know who this is. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ken, a few questions for you:

Actually first a comment. I got the Swedish Kitchen today. I kept picking it up and sitting there looking at it in the box. When I got it all out and squared everything away, something strange happened. I went over and first of all grabbed Scooter and Beaker and put them in the playset with the Chef- something TravellingMatt and I are working on. Then I went and got Gonzo and had the Chef grab him by the nose and reprimand him at fingerpoint (probably for stealing a chicken, or rescuing it rather). Then I had the Chef dancing with Piggy, then shaking salt and pepper on her and trying to shove her in the oven. Then I had him hefting Kermit nearly over his head, and grabbing Kermit by the legs and trying to shove him in the oven. I remembered how to play! I thought I had forgotten. That playset brought my inner child home!

Okay, now onto the questions.

Is Mega Animal available yet? I remember you mentioning sale figures for 'the first two Megas' so I was wondering if I missed it.

Remember when I asked whether or not the Swinetrek would have the regular field of stars as its default background over which the others would fit and you said you hadn't thought of that but you seemed to like the idea and said you would look into seeing if that could be done. How's that going?

Last, how tall, in inches, are the male and female Koozebanians? They look about the same size as the Robot Rabbit minus ears and feet. Speaking of feet, do the Koozebanians have little sculpted feet? They didn't look like they did in the pictures I saw.

Thanks. Keep up the superb work. I'm running out of shelf space.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Speaking of feet, do the Koozebanians have little sculpted feet? They didn't look like they did in the pictures I saw.
Hi Dave, I only know thw answer to this question. The Koozebanians do not have sculpted feet, I guess it was a due to cost.
I don't know if the the bottoms will be flat or have a hole in it kinda like the Muppet Labs Gorilla Detector has?

Zack,