Ask Ken at Palisades

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, Jamie, just pointing out that I don't like the film nowadays as opposed to when I was in my unexperienced youth. Oh, and while Space Jam was mildly enjoyable, I thought the script just didn't expand enough on the whole point of the B-Ball playoff to the death. Now don't get me wrong, I welcome other people's opinion on the films we're debating and would rather just say that I don't like it nowadays instead of starting up another jihad the likes of the one that's brewing in modern-day Israel and the Palestine Authority.

As for Vacation Pepe's accessories, I'd love to see the figure with an umbrella tropical drink glass. The perfect finishing touch to put this figure over the top. And what's best about it is that you could take some of the accessories from Vacation Pepe and give them to the regular version or viceversa. Hope this helps, and that our friendship isn't on the same rocks that Pepe might find himself if served properly in a bar!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I guess the message I'm hearing is more boobage less war. LOL! I still don't get it, but everyone is entitled to their particular tastes. :zany:

King Prawn

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Well, King Prawn, I take no offense in your pointing out my mis-stake. Yet, the word "dern" is an acceptable similar term for the word "darn."
Well i'll be derned I didn't know that :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was disappointed that they made a movie based around Michael Jordan to put Bugs and Daffy in a real-life setting. They should have done a whole movie where THEY were the stars, not second players to basketball players.

The live-action sequence in Michael Jordan's house was amazing, though.

I love Roger Rabbit, especially his wife.

I was going to begin working on building my own Muppet Theater and backstage but have voted myself against it because I'd rather wait to see if Palisades will do it instead. Which, I hope they can.

Clifford is amazing!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Chuck Jones disowned Space Jam. WB didn't ask for any of his input, while Spielberg retained Jones' services for concept art and ideas - mainly the piano sequence. Amazing stuff. There are so many seamless technical achievements in that film. I guess when regular people take them for granted, it is the greatest compliment. That film was 10 times harder to make than any modern film of it's sort and it's also much better. Nobody ever mentions the wonderful live action performances either. Not anyone can believable interact with a character that isn’t there.

I wish Palisades made Roger figures, but I finally got the Medicom Benny. It’s wonderful. He’s with the Muppets now, but when I get the Roger and Jessica, they will have their own corner.

Has anyone seen the series 5 section up on Palisades? What do you guys think of the latest design? I like it. Much cleaner.
:smile:

redmans

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Chuck Jones disowned Space Jam. WB didn't ask for any of his input, while Spielberg retained Jones' services for concept art and ideas - mainly the piano sequence.
Frogboy, do you mean that Chuck Jones disowned Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I don't remember a piano sequence in Space Jam. (But to be honest, I don't remember much of Space Jam. The only part that I thought caught much of the old humor was the sequence towards the end of the basketball game where the characters were going crazy. On second thought, if I was Chuck Jones, I would have disowned Space Jam too!)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eeek! Not at all.

I was continuing the discussion from an earlier post. It frequently happens that a member takes one post out of context with the others. I just don't like to start from the top in every post. I was contrasting the two films.

To clarify - Speilberg had absolutely nothing to do with Space Jam. I thought that was a given. He Executive Produced Roger Rabbit. Jones enjoyed Roger and was honored to give his input.

Space Jam, on the other hand, used many of his creations for WB (Pepe Le Pew, Marvin Martian etc) and didn't want his involvement. I think it shows in the final product as the hack job it was. :mad:

Eeek, this is the Ask Ken thread. Let's keep it about the figures. Roger comments can go on a different thread. I have, of course, helped this thread get off topic because of a rather alarming statement. Let's bring it back.:smile:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
It is not often we get to hear you say, "Eeek", and not just once!

Eeek, I had no idea you could sound like such a girl... haha :stick_out_tongue:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I'm talking about that movie called Who Framed Roger Rabbit? In my opinion, the only worthwhile thing about the whole movie was Jessica Rabbit, though I don't want to influence others opinions about that movie nor earn their wrath by saying what I really feel towards it. So, let's just go back to pestering Ken for the name of the yet unannounced retailer. Oh no, wait, don't want to get in bad with the Boss. So, I'll say that Pepe's accessories are already set and it didn't say anything about any comic books.
Jeepers!:eek: Were always off topic here:smile: You don't have to like the movie, that's fine, i just wanted to make sure on what you were talking about. You started talking about Roger because of my sig at the bottom I presume. It done with now like Jamie said.

Also yes Pepe is coming with a magazine, I was thinking of a cover for it in a comic book way.

Zachary,

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nah, I was talking about Roger because of Count's comment. He cited that (after of 3 years of production, the best American and British artists and filmmakers, it's great performances and numerous technical achievements) Jessica Rabbit was the only good part of the film. He's a great guy, but I just had to comment on that. :rolleyes: Okay. I've gotten it out of my system. Still needs it separate thread. Sorry to be off topic now. Lets bring it back full circle.

Wanna make some Roger Rabbit figures. Ken? What would you really want to make from that film if you got the license?

Oh, and eeeeeeeek! :wink: :big_grin: :zany: