Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
http://www.jamesvier.com/muppets/figures/

I made the changes on the chart. Most of the guesses look pretty close to the decisions so far. I still say that I would prefer Pops to come carded with his prop booth and Thog to come whith the backstage playset (Gaffer could come with either of them). What do y'all think?

SuprGro78

Reaction score
TRU

Just wondering if you knew why the people at TRU think I am crazy and have no idea about all the impending muppety goodness. I went to TRU yesterday May fourth and they directed me to the elmo plush. I explained the action figure -ness and the Muppet Show vs. Sesame Street aspects and I think the woman was ready to call the men in white coats on me. So If anyone is headed to the TRU in Wellington Circle, Medford MA watch out, they are clueless.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
How disappointing. I'll be calling EB and TRU this week and hope they won't give me that type of runaround. EeeeK People that pretend they don't know the difference between The Muppet Show and Sesame Street annoy me. It's just as logical to say that Bugs Bunny and The Simpsons are the same show so I can't see how someone can claim such ignorance.

On the otherhand - TRU has never been very knowledgeable about theiir projects - in my experience. That's why I haven't shopped at one in years. Guess that's going to change!:smile:

bw0000

Reaction score
Yes, I had the same trouble as well. I call my local TRU in Augusta and even gave them the SKN number Ken gave us and they knew nothing! They said they have no info on it. And if they have no info it is not even in the warehouse yet! They said try back in a few weeks! I can't wait! I want these toys Now!

FER SURE

Reaction score
KEN

I was wondering, since only 10 have responded about the TEETH repaint. What if you set aside just one each and allowed thoses people to buy them direct from Palisades.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Man...lots of activity today...

I was wondering, since only 10 have responded about the TEETH repaint. What if you set aside just one each and allowed thoses people to buy them direct from Palisades.

As much as we want to do that, we can't. If there are any left I will do what I can but don't expect it.

SuprGro78 Just wondering if you knew why the people at TRU think I am crazy and have no idea about all the impending muppety goodness. I went to TRU yesterday May fourth and they directed me to the elmo plush. I explained the action figure -ness and the Muppet Show vs. Sesame Street aspects and I think the woman was ready to call the men in white coats on me. So If anyone is headed to the TRU in Wellington Circle, Medford MA watch out, they are clueless.

Can't really blame the average employee for not knowing much about the releases. I mean...would you?

Ken has previously expressed that Patrol Bear was bumped down to series 5, but was left out of the last report. I believe that was an oversight, but who knows. If there is a vaudville Statler than Patrol Bear will be bumped again. I always thought he should go with a playset. Maybe he will!

Oh...someone talked me into Fozzie as Patrol Bear being the better choice for a Bear on Patrol playset. I agree with that and so he got bumped for a later series. The figure, not the guy that made the suggestion! Tell you what...it's great to have a figure already done for a future playset!

Zack the Dog I think i am still for the of idea of mintueman Sam, or but i perfer UncleSam Sam or even Professior Sam (Beverly Sills ep) i think that would be to many figs in tux and it's not like they will all be in tuxs because scooter wouldn't be as the same for gonzo and fozzie, i think it should be diffrent for each fig, i still don't see why Patrol Bear Fozzie is not being made? he was perfect! i do like the vaction Fozzie idea, but i hope for patrol bear later.

I still love the idea of a minuteman Sam but I got overruled. Gonna have to be the Tux version. I do like that, in fact I hope to get everyone into one some day if I can. Patrol Bear got bumped to a later series.

this is the way i see it, there can't be a playset for everthing so atleast get the figs out that where on the show, if a Vets Playset can not be made i would still like to see Dr Bob, even if Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice were not made, or make all three of them and no playset. i even think that the Rowlf exclusive could be Dr Bob if there is no chance of a vet's set down the line or it looks unlikey all in all i'm saying i would at least like to see patrol Fozzie and Dr Bob even if there are no playset or other characters to go with them. they were the main character in the skits

I don't agree with this one. If Dr. Bob were to be say, an exclusive in Series 3 with the Rowlf figure, that would be a CHOICE fig that you might not be able to get without paying e-bay prices. But I think that a figure that is not a character, by that I mean an alternate outfit that is not something like a First Mate Piggy in a sketch, that it would be more fair to those that don't have an EB in their town and so on and so forth. Besides...you will note on the Series One Muppet Labs package we specifically mention Vet's Hospital. It is definitely on the list for 2003.

I mean were all going to have super scooter, but no Lew, Fozzie, Link, Gonzo, Piggy, or rizzo in there super hero suits, and we wouldn't even have a kermit one then too because there wasn't one in the show, and i could see a BatFrog fig made like that photo i have seen, ofcourse their are rights to it just like durth nader.

Would love to do that Bat Frog...but I doubt we will be allowed to.

Zack the Dog Hi Jamie, i think the same for Statler and Waldorf, i think it's too far for Waldorf, by then we will have all the main muppets and then some, i think we should at least get the both of them, it would seem to funny to wait till for Series 7.
i think that maybe Statler and Waldorf could come together in a small packin Theater box, that way people who couldn't aford the theater playset could still set Statler and Waldorf in a little box.

A 2-pack would take it over budget, so it will have to be Statler and Waldorf in separate blisters. I think I am still sold on the idea that they are fine being in two different series. In fact, I like the marketing angle.

Foreignman Do you think the vegetables for throwing would be plain regular vegetables or Muppet Style with faces? I would vote for the muppetstyle ones, however then it would be to mean to throw them...

They would be plain vegetables. Already asked to do Muppet ones and got vetoed.

MuppetQuilter I'd love a vaudville Statler exclusive-- but we'll need vaudville Waldorf too. They don't have to come out at the same time (I think splitting them will encourage people to look for the next series).

Of COURSE there would be a vaudeville Waldorf if we did a vaudeville Statler!

Have you considered doing a Sam exclusive in his sparkley red white and blue outfit from the Elton John episode? I know the tux is more dignified and (definitely the variant Sam would prefer) but the Elton John outfit (hat and collar) is unusual and has all those Patriotic ties that sell fairly well at present (not that I'm in favor of exploiting nationalism after a tragedy). I can see the advantages of having a number of characters in tuxedos but something completely different might be fun. Just a though.

And a good one, but the tux fits a bit better with the 25th Anniversary theme of some of the exclusives. I think it fits his character well too. And I have to factor costs into these exclusives. A black tux is infinitely easier to paint!

if you really would like to see a biker Piggy and the issue is that the current line is just concentrating on the series proper, one of the show's most popular opening numbers was Miss Piggy and the pigs in their motorcycle gear singing "I Get Around" (Anne Murray episode). This shows up on so many clip compilations/documentaries etc that it's gotta be a fave at Henson.

Thanks for the heads up. Biker Piggy is on my personal wish list for '03...I am really gonna push for that one.

...and if you ever pitch the idea of a Gonzo/Dirth Nader figure...you could mention that Dirth Nader has one of the rare distinctions of popping up on TWO segments of Pigs In Space (more like 2 1/2 since the one on the Star Wars ep was extended). How many of the aliens the crew's encountered can you say that about?

Great suggestion, but probably for naught. Would you ever want to be faced with the possibility of facing the legal juggernaut known as Lucasfilm? Well, neither does anybody else!

Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

Good to hear about Patrol Fozzie in the playset! It just always seemed right to me that way.

I can see the other side of the Statler ans Waldorf arguement as long as there's an ad for Waldorf on the packaging somewhere. The picture in wave six will look kind of strange without both of them, but it will be interesting too. :smile:

It's weird that all my faves keep coming last in the series. Janice (my band fave) in wave 4 after the rest of the EM, Waldorf (my fave of the pair) after Statler, and Scooter all the way in wave 3. I hope it just means y'all are saving the best ones for later and building anticipation. LOL! Just thought it was kind of funny.:big_grin:

Will the proposed backstage set be deluxe like the theater and is there any chance of Thog coming with it?

And last question - How many notifications would it take to gain enough momentum to offer Dr. Teeth on your site? And how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? Guess that was 2 questions.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Ken

Hi Ken! Thank for repyling!

I'm sorry, i wasn't thinking correctly, i was thinking of the exclusives just being part of the main assortment and not being harder to get. Yes it does work out better with (Rowlf) Dr.Bob and Patrol Bear Fozzie being part of the regular assortment and everyone can get them. Smart thinking!

So would Patrol fozzie come with the set or Patrol Link? I know jamie's list says Fozzie. Could we see the photo of the Patrol fozzie? because i can see him on his side on one of the daily bits on the site. but i understand if we can't.

great news for the confermed Vets set! it really says it on the package of the labset? great!

One last question, have 8 Series been confermed? meaning that no matter what you are at least making 8 series of Muppet Show figs and then more series if they do well?

Zack) Rowlf the, sorry i got confused with the exclusives, Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Zack-

Ken just said,"...someone talked me into Fozzie as Patrol Bear being the better choice for a Bear on Patrol playset." It was in his post you just read. :smile: I'd say that means Patrol Bear will be in the playset. That's why I included this information in my chart. I guess you missed that part of the post. It's all still tentative though - this series has sure changed many times over.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jamie

Thanks janime ,i'm sorry again, i just get excited and tend to over look things, or read them incorrectly.

Zack)Rowlf the, I guess i'm one of those people who asks questions that have been said five times allready, i'm sorry i don't mean to come off as anoying and will try harder,Dog.:smile: