Ask Ken at Palisades

matleo

Reaction score
frogboy/Jamie

hey jamie, I just looked at our site and I think you got Ken wrong. When he said Series 5 was Beau, Gonzo, Newsman, Statler with KermitKoozebane set, He didn't mean Statler would come with the set. I think he meant, Series 5 will have a regular assortmant of Bo, Gonz, NM, and Stat And then series 5 will also have the Kermit/Koozbane set. if oyou read the mesage it also says "...Lew Zealand with Chef/Kitchen playset", "....Floyd, with Animal/EM playset" and "....Sam with Piggy/Swintrek"

Ken am I also correct in seeing that because of Statler, Patrol Bear has yet again been displaced?

--Matt

Sam T Eagle

Reaction score
Ken,
So can you gives us any inside on the figures you have planned for 2003 and I was wonder what are the changes of these fan favorits being made?
Nigle, Mildred, Lips, Annie Sue,
Marvin Suggs, George the Janitor, Bobby Benson and the baby band, Uncle Deadley,
Lewis Kazagger, Zelda Rosa and her sing owl,Thog, and their more I have written.

Ken, on the Animal figure his pupils on the eyes are looking up in eye lids are puplis going to more center because he looks so mean and I though you said his eye lids were going to move and all the pic of Animal I have seen his eye were in the center
But over all I love the Muppet figures
and the playsets that you and your team has made so far and can't wait see the 1st series in my hands!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I agree with the "coming soon" thing. In fact, as of Series 2 we will start doing that. Not only will we have the full series photographed on the back, but then there will be a small section that says "Coming soon...Series BLAH!"

As for the Muppets I would want to see get made? One is Crazy Harry, which will be made in Series 2. I always had a soft spot for Angus McGonagle, but I look at his chances as slim to none. I would also really like to do some movie stuff, like a biker Piggy, or especially some Treasure Island stuff. That would really kick to have the figures of Muppet pirates.

The one I want to make the most I already know I can't make. If I could have any figure, ANY Muppet figure, it would be Gonzo as Dirth Nader. But that has about as much a chance of happening as me growing a full head of hair.

Later,
Ken

dwmckim

Reaction score
well...if you really would like to see a biker Piggy and the issue is that the current line is just concentrating on the series proper, one of the show's most popular opening numbers was Miss Piggy and the pigs in their motorcycle gear singing "I Get Around" (Anne Murray episode). This shows up on so many clip compilations/documentaries etc that it's gotta be a fave at Henson.

...and if you ever pitch the idea of a Gonzo/Dirth Nader figure...you could mention that Dirth Nader has one of the rare distinctions of popping up on TWO segments of Pigs In Space (more like 2 1/2 since the one on the Star Wars ep was extended). How many of the aliens the crew's encountered can you say that about?:smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Ken

I'd love a vaudville Statler exclusive-- but we'll need vaudville Waldorf too. They don't have to come out at the same time (I think splitting them will encourage people to look for the next series).

Have you considered doing a Sam exclusive in his sparkley red white and blue outfit from the Elton John episode? I know the tux is more dignified and (definitely the variant Sam would prefer) but the Elton John outfit (hat and collar) is unusual and has all those Patriotic ties that sell fairly well at present (not that I'm in favor of exploiting nationalism after a tragedy). I can see the advantages of having a number of characters in tuxedos but something completely different might be fun. Just a though.

The possibly Gonxo in sweater exclusive would be wonderful! Please, please, please!

Statler and/or Waldorf need to come with food to throw at the stage. Tomatoes, eggs.....

Too bad about the Dr. Teeth exclusive-- oh well. You have to do what makes sense for business and clearly ten people aren't much a demand. Thanks anyway.

As always-- the line is incredible.....

Foreignman

Reaction score
Do you think the vegetables for throwing would be plain regular vegetables or Muppet Style with faces? I would vote for the muppetstyle ones, however then it would be to mean to throw them...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Ken

I would think they would sell better if Statler and Waldorf were sold together or sperate but in the same Series, i mean heaven forbid the whole muppet series does not do well (althought i see no reason why it wouldn't do well) what if we fell into a trap in which Waldorf does not get made?? unless that in impossable for that to happen,but i wouldn't want to chance it.

I say hold off on the newman first and get waldorf in the set, by then most people will have at least all the main characters but no Waldorf.

Zack)Rowlf the, don't forget about the Vets Hospital set and figs,Dog.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
FrogBoy4

Hi Jamie, i think the same for Statler and Waldorf, i think it's too far for Waldorf, by then we will have all the main muppets and then some, i think we should at least get the both of them, it would seem to funny to wait till for Series 7.

i think that maybe Statler and Waldorf could come together in a small packin Theater box, that way people who couldn't aford the theater playset could still set Statler and Waldorf in a little box.

I remember seeing an old toy of statler and waldorf pcv's with walking canes in a theater box.

Zack) Rowlf the,i say push the newsman back if ya have too,Dog.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Frogboy

I think i am still for the of idea of mintueman Sam, or but i perfer UncleSam Sam or even Professior Sam (Beverly Sills ep) i think that would be to many figs in tux and it's not like they will all be in tuxs because scooter wouldn't be as the same for gonzo and fozzie, i think it should be diffrent for each fig, i still don't see why Patrol Bear Fozzie is not being made? he was perfect! i do like the vaction Fozzie idea, but i hope for patrol bear later.

this is the way i see it, there can't be a playset for everthing so atleast get the figs out that where on the show, if a Vets Playset can not be made i would still like to see Dr Bob, even if Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice were not made, or make all three of them and no playset. i even think that the Rowlf exclusive could be Dr Bob if there is no chance of a vet's set down the line or it looks unlikey all in all i'm saying i would at least like to see patrol Fozzie and Dr Bob even if there are no playset or other characters to go with them. they were the main character in the skits

I mean were all going to have super scooter, but no Lew, Fozzie, Link, Gonzo, Piggy, or rizzo in there super hero suits, and we wouldn't even have a kermit one then too because there wasn't one in the show, and i could see a BatFrog fig made like that photo i have seen, ofcourse their are rights to it just like durth nader.

Zack)Rowlf the Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Zack-

Ken has previously expressed that Patrol Bear was bumped down to series 5, but was left out of the last report. I believe that was an oversight, but who knows. If there is a vaudville Statler than Patrol Bear will be bumped again. I always thought he should go with a playset. Maybe he will!

Matleo Yeah, I must have read that wrong. I thought it was weird, but heard no reports otherwise. Hmmm. I'll fix it. :smile: