Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

OOOh! Glad to hear about the addition of some exclusives! Still I wish that the Theater, Statler and Waldorf were coming out this year. I guess that makes more time to get the stage just right. About the wave6 Staler report. WOuldn't it be best for Statler and Waldorf come out together? Maybe even packaged together, but certainly in the same series. I can't imagine anyone buying one without the other and if they come out in different waves, it may detur some customers. Just a thought - I am sure you are aware of it.

I have to kind of object to the judgement over the older versions of the Muppet characters. I think the older puppets had a lot of charm and that many fans would love these versions. I also see that the Henson Company may not back such a release seeing how particular they are about Miss Piggy's svelt proportions. A more classic-looking Kermit, Gonzo, Piggy and Fozzie could be great limited/exclusive sellers! I also think your treatment of them would ensure that they looked spectacular. The Zoot repaint would be cool at the least.

These extra exclusives you have reported really make up for the postponed playset so that is good news!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well, as they say good things come to those who wait and no doubt the stage playset will be worth it. The updated revised schedule does look exciting and very well done though so altogether - no complaints! Even if this wasn't a workaround fix, this lineup would have been just as good as an "original plan"

...and since Statler will now be a figure released on its own rather than with a playset (side note: i think that's a pretty good hint as to who at least one of the figs in wave six will be:big_grin: ), may i be the first to suggest a potted African berry bush as a pack-in (see Valerie Harper episode). Vaudeville Statler sounds like a neat variant - i'd also love to see a "punched-in face" Statler - ie Statler with his face deformed as when he's typically punched in the face by Waldorf (and to add some congruency maybe an "evil eye" Waldorf). Mind you, i'd be love to see a "scrunched-up-in-exasperation faced" Kermit more than i would a Kermit in different costume! (Not to say i'm not heavily excited about a suited or trenchcoated Kermit!)

...and a different version of Beau without jacket seems to work pretty wwell since most of his earlier appearances tend to be with the jacket and most of the later was with jacket removed with the blue/plaid shirt. If the regular Beau doesn't come with a harmonica, it would be a great accessory for jacket-less Beau!

...and i would also strongly shout out a vote to a repaint of Zoot - since he's one of the few Muppets to have dramatically changed color, he would be the member of the EM most likley to warrant a repainted version. (As opposed to a repaint Janice who never really had much color variation. Floyd had a little more darker purple hue in the early third season)

(Hope you don't mind the outburst of opinions in this post - i've chimed in so rarely that i'd figure i'd catch up here...but most of this is related to most recent discussion anyway.):stick_out_tongue:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
About the wave6 Staler report. WOuldn't it be best for Statler and Waldorf come out together? Maybe even packaged together, but certainly in the same series. I can't imagine anyone buying one without the other and if they come out in different waves, it may detur some customers. Just a thought - I am sure you are aware of it.

OR...you could look at it this way. People buy Stat in S5 and then they get oh so excited about completing the pairing in S6 when Waldorf comes out. R2-D2 doesn't always get released side by side with Threepio! Just a thought...

Ken

As for dwmckim's post...all good ideas. Keep em comin'...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

Hey Ken,
What about making the Statler Exclusive into Astoria, Waldorfs Wife ?

It wouldnt be an entirely new sculpt, And Astoria is just Statler in drag.

What do you think ?

And as i said on the 'old board' and i put all those pictures of Zoot together, Zoots color is important and he deserves a color variant, And a Lips to back him with the Trumpet !

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

I think the Statler and Waldorf pairing are quite different from the R2D2 C3P0 duo. For one, R2 and C3 were both main characters in the original trilogy. They also had scenes that weren't dependent on each other.

Statler and Waldorf are rarely seen seperately. I just think it's a better selling point to put them together. If their release is designed for die-hard fans to complete thier collection then it stands to reason that only die-hard fans will purchase them when I feel there is a bigger demand for the old guys. I can just see some non-fans in the store who may pass on Staler because they don't see a Waldorf. Just thinking of the longevity of the line. I know you guys know best when it comes to this stuff. BTW - s the regular Statler really coming with the Koozebane set?

I also think that since there isn't much to pack with them but maybe some tomatos, that packaging them together would be pretty cool, even if it cost a little more.

My projected list is up again with the new corrections: http://www.jamesvier.com/muppets/figures/
There are some *marked* guesses, but if anybody sees any real inconsistencies, please post about it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

Oh, by the way- I was thinking that since Sweetums would come with the Theater playset (and that probably helped package such a large figure) that Thog could come with the backstage and Pops would come in the regular assortment with his little prop room as an accessory. Just a thought. What do you think.

Any word on whether the Dr. Teeth exclusive will be made available on your site? These exclusives are fantastic, but they don't mean much unless there is a practical way for us to get 'em. I don't want to be gauged by Ebay. Eeek:smile:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Well, so far only ten folks or so have even responded to the call for the list of Dr. Teeth to be sold on the site, so it looks fairly unlikely that it will be sold after the show. My only suggestion to you would be to extend your net and find someone who is attending the show and see if they can snag you one. There is a limit of 4 per person.

As for the Stat/Waldy debate...I think I still stand by the separate series. I think people will tend not to pass, and I think that everybody knows who they are...these aren't just for the die hards...I could be wrong, but hey, gotta go with the gut on that.

You know, I have never seen Astoria, neither in pics or in the show. I only have about 60% of the episodes on tape unfortunately. How much resculpting would be required to turn Statler into Astoria?

Like the Pops idea...man I hope this line goes into 2-3 years so we can make all the figures that I personally want to see made as well as some fan stuff. It would be very cool.

Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just hope that Dr. Teeth is the only variant that will be exclusive to an event. I can understand that such figures encourage people to attend these events, but it's also maddening because most of us fans aren't able to hop on a plane to get this groovy guy. LOL! I'll try to find someone attending the event. I'll also contact Palisades to voice more encouragement if that helps offering these fare exclusives on your site. I have a terrible feeling that I'll be shelling out on Ebay. :frown:

Glad you like the Pops idea! What about the Thog with the backstage part? Also, will that be a deluxe set or in the regular 6-8 series?

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Re: Ken-

Originally posted by frogboy4
About the wave6 Staler report. WOuldn't it be best for Statler and Waldorf come out together? Maybe even packaged together, but certainly in the same series. I can't imagine anyone buying one without the other and if they come out in different waves, it may detur some customers. Just a thought - I am sure you are aware of it.
At the very least, Palisades may want to put a sticker on Statler's bubble announcing "Look for Waldorf in Series 7!" so that a casual buyer wouldn't be discouraged from buying Statler if they don't see a Waldorf at the store, too.

That's disappointing that more people haven't written in to support the Dr. Teeth repaint, but not every toy collector likes repaints.

matleo

Reaction score
Yeah agree with Zootanddingo about perhaps puttign a little ad for Waldorf on Statler. Mailnly besause while WE know that Waldo is coming out in Series 6, Joe Casual doesn't. There's two sides to the coin and I think both Jamie and Ken are right (but should I speak for I know nothing) Anyway, I think Hasbro used ot do that iwth old SW figures. They would actually be advertising "Soming soon" chracters on the packaging. Looking back I think this is part of the reason (a small part) that the line was as sucessful as it was. Of cours ebeign based on one of the best movie series ever could also have something to do with it.

okay Ken, hypothetical question time....You said in one of ou posts you'd like the series to continue for 2-3 years so you could make all the figures that you "personally want to see made" What kind of things do YOU Ken Lilly want to see. I mean, we've all posted our lists of fan faves and guys we love, but what are yours?

--Mat