Ask Ken at Palisades

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Re: Zoot and clarinet

Originally posted by Joggy
So yes, a clarinet would be an option. But I still think we need a trumpet player (Gonzo maybe?)
Yeah, if only there was ever a trumpet player in the Electric Mayhem....a-hem....sig sig sig :big_grin:

Zoot also handled a tambourine in the Paul Simon episode, so they would also make a cool little accessory.

But my main query about the Zoot variant is if he himself will be a different color, as in his skin? (I think this was discussed at one point on the old board) Zoot is unquestionably my favorite Muppet character, and it would just blow my mind to have a sky-blue normal Zoot and a blue-green variant. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would love to have had the Patrol Bear set. Obvious, tho; huh?

Really, though, I'm stoked (or is it STAKED) to have the whole set like...last THURSDAY man! I'm in a hurry for it!!

FOZ

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Hey Ken..

Hey Ken,
I second the vote for a Zoot color and hat variant. Since he did look both ways and it would be a real easy change.

Here's another question (The Zoot variant idea gave me an idea)..What's the chances of having variants of the main characters like Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, that looked like their original likenesses? For example. The Fozzie sculpt you guys have done is pretty much the Fozzie we've grown to know and love..but what if for a variant, you changed just the head, and sculpted(what I call) the droopy cheeked version/the original Fozzie head. Also Kermit could have different arms with longer fingers, and a new head sculpt, Gonzo could have his original "sad" eyes, and Piggy could have her original, rougher, less glamourous head sculpt. I think they are the only ones who really changed dramatically over the years. This would be a good way to pepper the main characters back into the line when you start getting short on sellable characters. Minor changes would make a whole new figure.

To go even further..You know how Disney sells stuff that's themed "Mickey Through the Years"? If not, it's basically figurines of Mickey in all his different likenesses so that people could choose their favorite one or collect the whole lot. What about a line of "Piggy through the Years", or Kermit or Fozzie. Just a thought.

What do you think?
-Artie

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The through the years thing is a neat idea. BUT, not for action figures. Maybe a PVC set or something. See, there is a reason season one Fozzie and Piggy look different today. Cause the were AWFUL back then! Fozzie always looked dirty and Piggy looked like she got hit in the face with a truck. SO, you me and the rest of this list would get it, but I don't know if John Q. Consumer would.

Still, a good idea. I'll ask about the skin color variation of Zoot.

I have major news for you. The Stage Playset is not coming out this year. It will be a summer '03 item. The development lead time is shortening and there are a lot of things to work out. So, that results in another bit if news. It probably won't come with Statler and Waldorf. They will probably be moved to blister cards and Sweetums may be the fig that comes with the stage. This isn't set in absolute stone yet, but it seems to be the rationale.

I'll have more news as it solidifies.

Ken

kane31666

Reaction score
ken,

do you know how much the exclusive Dr. Teeth is going to cost at Wizard World East?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Interesting news about the Stage Playset...I think that by making Statler and Waldorf carded figures, you'll sell a LOT of them...I know so many people that would shell out 10-20 bucks for the two of them who wouldn't pay the premium rate for the entire stage playset...Statler and Waldorf are two characters that EVERYONE knows, and EVERYONE wants...even if it's just to ridicule their other toys...

Quinnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
About the stage in 03

Very disappointed frogboy:frown: :frown:

Will there be another playset in its place?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
No, and it might be a good idea to be specific here:

Series One is shipping now, and you all know who is in it.
Exclusives: Piggy (hair down) - EB, Kermit (tux) - ToysRUs/ToyFare, Dr. Teeth (repaint) - Philly Show

Series 2 should be shipping in late August. Crazy Harry, Gonzo, Fozzie and Floyd, with Animal/Electric Mayhem Playset.
Exclusives: Gonzo (crash helmet/repaint) - EB, Fozzie (vacation version/new hat, hawaiin shirt, shorts, sunglasses, etc.) - possibly Musicland/ToyFare shared exclusive, Floyd (repaint/new guitar) - TBD

Series 3 should ship in late October. Scooter, Rowlf, Zoot, Lew Zealand with Swedish Chef/Kitchen Playset.
Exclusives: These are still up in the air. Possibly Zoot (repaint with new instrument), Scooter (superhero version) and Rowlf (still might make the tux version, don't know yet)

Series 4 should ship in late Dec./early Jan. Link, Strangepork, Janice and Sam with First Mate Piggy/SwineTrek Playset
Exclusives: These are still up in the air. Possibly SpaceWalk Link, Janice with acoustic guitar and repaint, possible Sam in tux. Again, these are tentative.

Series 5 should ship in late March. Beauregard, Muppet Newsman, Gonzo/Camilla, Statler with Kermit/Koozebane Playset
Too far out to talk exclusives, although Beau is a good choice (sans jacket perhaps), Gonzo in Argyle sweater, possible Vaudeville Statler

Series 6 should be...ah, you thought I was gonna keep going didn't you? Series 6 and beyond will be revealed at Toy Fair 2003! But remember that we do intend to make the stage for next year. Probably come with Sweetums and Robin.

Hope that helps put things in perspective.

Ken