Ask Ken at Palisades

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Janice in MFS

Originally posted by C'irdan
You are 1/2 right. In the Brick House number you see The Electric Mayhem in the bathroom dancing together...and Janice's hair is the right color...but when Gonzo says: Oh, The Electric Mayhem's covering for me-and we see them walk by, Janice DOES have brown hair...you see she's wearing a wig though! They're all dressed up in Jewish attire and I guess she thought she'd look better brown and curly...who knows though, it was kinda wierd.
I have seen this twice in one week at the same theater, but I forgot about her being in any other scene. I loved the part we're they're all dressed up as Hassidic Jews, and Dr. Teeth says "Shalom."

I wish that they'd make a Jewish Electric Mayheim PVC set, but that ain't gonna happen.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I imagine it's frustrating for Palisades' designers when they're given a very specific set of instructions for the figures from Henson--for example, that Gonzo's nose be BLUE, when we all can see that it's in varying gradations of blue to purple to pink; not just blue. But whatever Henson says, goes, even though the Palisades team should be able to knock ANY of these figures, even the "harder" ones like Gonzo out of the park.

And Gonzo would enjoy being knocked out of the park.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
I want to clear up my Gonzo negativity - lol - it's not that i think the problem is the face or that overall it isn't a well made figure. I actually think that the face sculpt is quite good and especially the beak part of the sculpt is really very, very good and i hope they don't change the mould of that. The eye positioning is a little wierd but it helps give him the mad crazy masochist expression that i guess you get from someone who likes jumping out of cannons. My specific beef is just the body paint color and the way it's been applied - and it's only really noticeable up close and fine from a distance. The color just seems a little too dark and i didn't like the black line effect to give the impression of his fur - but what tops it off is this kind of shiny varnishy effect and it kind of intensifies that. I don't want to put anyone off or anything - i'm probably more picky than most people anyway and add to that we pay nearly double the price here so if it was $7.99 i may well have been more tempted by him and i also have to applaud Palisades for the fantastic cannon they are including with him for the price.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gonzo's face looks pretty good to me from the pics. The blueness of Gonzo seems to be your main point - and it looks like this is another "thin Piggy" type of occurrence. Palisades appears quite dedicated to these likenesses, but they do have to answer to Henson execs. Gonzo has always been rather blue in toys and this seems to be a Henson trend. Maybe this was a battle Palisades couldn't win like pink Animal.

Luke

Reaction score
Dunno - maybe Ken will say whats gone on with Gonzo's paint app technically or whether i just have a vivid imagination. It is a wierd blue, but it might not have been too bad without the black and really shiny paint. It could be a Henson thing but then again it's probably a really hard figure to get right and this was their first try like with the regular piggy.

Edit :- Ken just explained all about Gonzo and all the other figs in his own very cool series 2 review at the Palisades forum here.

fitz3641

Reaction score
(question also posted at palisades) --> Well, after just rearranging some of my shelves due to the arrival of Simpsons Series 10 figures and playsets, I looked over at my Muppets shelves, searched for the Daily Bit with comparision pics of The Lab and The Stage, and realized the shelf that currently holds the solitary Dr Teeth had to be lowered to make the seemingly tall stage fit, nevermind the area where I plan to have the kitchen -- with this in mind, Ken, could you please list the dimensions of the playsets just so that we can gauge how much room these fantastic sets will actually take up? (pictures are sometimes deceiving)

EDIT --- Ken posted over at Palisades that he would do it on Monday as long as he remembers -- I'll happily remind him on Monday :wink:

C'irdan

Reaction score
Exclusive Gonzo

Ok Ken, I have some questions about the exclusive gonzo figure at Electronics Boutique. Here goes:

1. Does his hat come off and have the same head sculpt as the regular gonzo?

2. Are his eyelids the same color? Because I think you made them a little pale and not orangey enough. (Something to work on for the tux Gonzo)

3. Is his beak still blue rather than light orangish brown? (It's hard to describe his beak color...but it is NOT blue anymore!) Look at the pic on the packaging!

4. Does the exclusive still have a weak cannon? Or is it just for the regular one?

Some more questions not related to gonzo:

1. Is Lew Zealand going to be the same color as Scooter? He should be from the pictures and clips I've seen (and that's a LOT!)

2. Are you thinking of making a pack of chickens, rats and penguins? or individual packs of them? They'd sell very well!

3. Are you going to make all of the main characters from MTI into figures? Because it would be really wierd if you don't.

4. Are you planning on making Sweetums??? :smile: PLEEEEEEASE!

5. If you make The Electric Mayhem Bus, is Lips going to come with it?

6. Are you going to make Marvin Suggs? Wayne and Wanda? Pops with The Happiness Hotel? Louis Kazagger?

PHEW!!! That's all of em...well almost but I don't want to make you pass out Ken. :wink:

Sorry about the amount of questions but I'm a very devoted customer so keep that in mind! :smile:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Electronics Boutique Gonzo Questions:

1. Does his hat come off and have the same head sculpt as the regular gonzo?

He has the same head sculpt, but the helmet is not designed to be removable. You might be able to force it off and break the glue seam, but why would'ya? :smile:

2. Are his eyelids the same color? Because I think you made them a little pale and not orangey enough.

They are the same as the regular version.

3. Is his beak still blue rather than light orangish brown? (It's hard to describe his beak color...but it is NOT blue anymore!) Look at the pic on the packaging!

The figure still has the blue beak. Those were the specs we were given.

4. Does the exclusive still have a weak cannon? Or is it just for the regular one?

It still has the weak cannon. Thank the Federal Government and any lawyer next time you see one. (Yes I know there are SOME good lawyers...so no flames over that.)

1. Is Lew Zealand going to be the same color as Scooter? He should be from the pictures and clips I've seen (and that's a LOT!)

He is not the same color as Scooter, even in the puppet. But admittedly our fig is a little too yellow. Still trying to convince Henson to let me change the color to a more orange-yellow.

2. Are you thinking of making a pack of chickens, rats and penguins? or individual packs of them? They'd sell very well!

I am thinking of rainbows, puppy dogs and fairy tales...

3. Are you going to make all of the main characters from MTI into figures? Because it would be really wierd if you don't.

If the line is successful, I see no reason why we would not.

4. Are you planning on making Sweetums???

Haven't you heard? We don't plan anything. We have a Magic 8 ball that makes all product development decisions for us.

Yes we will make Sweetums.

5. If you make The Electric Mayhem Bus, is Lips going to come with it?

No.

6. Are you going to make Marvin Suggs? Wayne and Wanda? Pops with The Happiness Hotel? Louis Kazagger?

If the line is supported yes. Probably not. If the line is supported yes. If the line is supported yes.

Whew...and I'm spent.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Wayne and Wanda get the smack-down. SWEET.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Wayne and Wanda get the smack-down. SWEET.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
No, it wouldn't be sweet for this classy duo to get the smackdown, you ******! Just kidding ya' there, Gonzo. The truth is that I think Palisades should keep their minds open to any and all suggestions that fans may make to keep the line successful. That doesn't mean that Ken & Co. have to do everything the public tells them to with regards to their Muppet action figure line, just store it away in their decision-making schemes. Besides, maybe Wayne and Wanda could be included with one of the future PVC lineups.