Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
I'm not asking you to divulge whether or not Rowlf will be the Palisades exclusive "never been made before" figure in 03.
He couldn't be - Rowlf has been made in Tux form for Wave 3 !

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
In regards to Luke's previous post:
In best Kevin McDonald voice possible: "Slipped my mind."

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Originally posted by Walker Boh
Well, I'm not Ken, but I saw his answer to this on the Paslisades board. :smile: That's the shipping date from China. It'll take about a month to arrive, give or take.
unless, of course, us plucky californians decide to shut down our ports again! that'll teach the rest of ya to stay in line and do what we do! darn republican votin rest of the country!

jf

i'm kidding of course

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Muppet Babies PVC

Ken,

Is there any chance of a set of Muppet Babies PVC from "The Muppet Take Mahattan" ? With 80's noselgia being big right now, this might be a good time for some new Muppet Babies products or something to test the market. I know that my fellow Muppet Central pals don't think highly of the Muppet Babies but they are a part of Muppet history and they would make cool toys.

If not, make a Kelly Ripa action figure. Just kidding:big_grin:

simon42

Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather see the Muppet Babies as an action figure playset. It could have a crib, rocky horse, all that junk. In my opinion, that would be incredibly awesome.

Foreignman

Reaction score
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! I want that playset! It would be one playset with each and every Muppet Baby. And you could have the closet that would open and behind you could slip in different live action cards!!! You would have Kermit with his mini tricycle, Piggy with no accesories, Gonzo with his stuffed chick, Animal with no accesories, Fozzie with his Beanie with real spinning action, Skeeter with no accesories, Scooter with Computer, and Rowlf with miniature Piano. You would also need a cradle, and possibly a slide if any budget is left. Now I may just be an idiot, which is likely, and creating eight mini figures for a playset and six accessories would be way over the budget, but it sounds doable. Begun this flame war has...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Any possible Muppet Babies would likely represent The Muppets Take Manhattan and not the cartoon show. I don't think it's covered in the license from what I have read in these threads and scupts from the puppets would be much more interesting and fit better into the line.

That leaves six possible characters - Kermit, Piggy, Scooter, Gonzo, Fozzie and Rowlf as they were the only ones in the movie. Remember what a controversy Rizzo cause under the original Muppet Show contract?

Anyway, I'm all for their inclusion in a minimal way, but as for a whole playset - I'd vote against that. It's also a tricky issue creating figures for adults from what is considered "kiddie fare" by many. Those five and younger would not be able to have the toys, and if they were made safe enough for them, they'd probably be quite boring for the rest of us. I just don't know. (Wondering what Luke would say :smile: )

C'irdan

Reaction score
muppet babies

ok...let's all get one thing straight here:

The Muppets are NOT just for kids, they are mostly for adults and families! (That's why I'm here!)

BUT,

The Muppet Babies is for BABIES! THAT's why there's the word "babies" in the title? Catching on so far? I swear you guys are brilliant. Ok...maybe it's for little children not infants...but you get my drift, right?:big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jamie

yep Jamie, i was just about to post what you posted, only with spelling erorrs in a confusing way. But yes Skeeter wouldn't be able to be made, i don't think they could slide baby animal, i mean he was in MFC but Ken doesn't have the right's to that just as Henson doesn't have the rights to produce the whole thing on video.

I mean it would be a neat set if it could be detailed as all the other fig's, rather then a play safe set for younger kids, but i'm with you on the" all for their inclusion in a minimal way" there is much more to cover then piggy's dream in TMTM.

Zack) Kermit and fozzie Pizza twins would be a great club/show ex two pack,if not in the regular, line hint hint!Dog.