Ask Ken at Palisades

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Re: bus

Originally posted by C'irdan
And I love the idea of an accesory pack...Kermit needs his Banjo...
I agree completely! Once we have both the stage and the bus, the band will be the largest part of collectors' displays for a while. It would be great to have Kermit in there as an honorary member with his banjo. I'd personally choose this before any alternate instruments for the core band members.

Maybe this can be created as a new item to package in along with the remakes of our other requests (microphones, bases, etc.) that have been discussed? Then the people who might not've bought the remakes could be won over by the cool new banjo! I just played with normal Kermit's arm articulation for a minute, though, and it might be a challenge to figure out how to get him to hold it and look right.

OK, Ken, sorry to get into the "ooh! ooh! me too!" mentality, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to make sure you knew that more than one person wants this. :smile:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
No amp? Does this mean she's coming with an acoustic?

She'll have an electric. But it won't be like the one in TMM. Like the rest of the EM, her instrument will be based on a real insrument, not the ones they have in the show, which are mocked up instrumets to fit the sizes of the puppets.

About Harry, he was rejected, as in from Henson???

Yes.

As you seem to say this with regret, I get the feeling that there is little to no chance to see such improvements, perhaps allowind some movability to Dr. Teeth's glasses/eyelids, to give him a little more of his trademark wild rockin' character, or to perhaps have an open-mouthed Bunsen, so he doesn't look so darn serious. Eh? Just thought, while the topic was mentioned, I'd bring up these (minor) complaints. Oh yeah, also Teeth's hat, as you probably realize, could be more secure, a la the new magnets. Once again, just some ideas about how to only make this line better, in my opinion, of course.

I agree that all those improvements could be great. But I guess my question would be how do you make them, then re-release the characters? I would incorporate these into any non variants or new versions, but don't know when that would happen. A Bunsen variation is coming out next year but it is not going to have a new head sculpt as it is a part of a variant/exclusive 2-pack.

Maybe this [banjo for Kermit] can be created as a new item to package in along with the remakes of our other requests (microphones, bases, etc.) that have been discussed?

But would that really be the best choice for an EM accessory pack? I dunno...I don't disagree necessarily, just not sold on it.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
A Bunsen variation is coming out next year but it is not going to have a new head sculpt as it is a part of a variant/exclusive 2-pack.
Will this be with blown up Beaker or something new, like a mad scientist Halloween themed set ?

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
She'll have an electric. But it won't be like the one in TMM. Like the rest of the EM, her instrument will be based on a real insrument, not the ones they have in the show, which are mocked up instrumets to fit the sizes of the puppets.
Les Paul! I would definately go with a Les Paul!

Maybe this [banjo for Kermit] can be created as a new item to package in along with the remakes of our other requests (microphones, bases, etc.) that have been discussed?

But would that really be the best choice for an EM accessory pack? I dunno...I don't disagree necessarily, just not sold on it.
[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I would save the bajo for later. Maybe a Swamp Playset?

J~

radionate

Reaction score
Bunsen and Beaker in tuxedos...this year's Wizard World Philly item.
And let the pandamonium to get these figures begin!

great Ken. Just Great. It's how far away? I haven't even gotten my club membership or I.S. Fozzie yet. I hate being a poor artist.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hairfarmer
Probably not. I would save the bajo for later. Maybe a Swamp Playset?
I think that this is a good idea in theory, but I'd be afraid of oversaturating the line with Kermit. We'll already have regular Kermit, Tux Kermit, and the planned Koozebane Kermit. Fanatical collectors will also have the lunchbox Kermit and maybe even a Wedding Kermit (I'd be surprised if none of them found their way to eBay). I'd prefer to get as many different characters as I can than to keep getting variations on the same core group.

Well, I guess the question in regards to which direction to go in with a booster pack boils down to this: Would most collectors want something like a triangle for Animal and a clarinet for Zoot to replace their signature instruments for display purposes? Or would most of them rather have new items (banjo, pengiuns, extra bases and mics, etc.) that will add on to what we already have instead of replace what we already have? I don't know the answer, I'm just posing the question. What do you think?

C'irdan

Reaction score
Accesory packs

I think that you should make accesory packs not only for music, but just for fun... They should be themed, so music would be a good starter...but they should be very interesting as well, such as making packs of accesories for each playset theme...for example a kitchen accesory pack with a lot of new things for The Swedish Chef to cook with like CHICKENS!!!!!! etc... just a thought...but you could also make general accesory packs that fit the whole series...:big_grin: By the way, the bus should definetly be able to move around with wheels and stuff...but you should be able to open it up in a way that doesn't affect the outisde much...don't put a hinge on the top of the bus for example...make some plastic tabs that fit into holes on the other half of the bus so the most alteration on the outside would be a tiny little line...and is it going to be all made of plastic? or is it going to have rubber tires and be coated with metal outside?:big_grin:

Ken, Janice sounds great, and it's fantastic to know that you're doing this character justice.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Re: Accesory packs

Originally posted by C'irdan
Ken, Janice sounds great, and it's fantastic to know that you're doing this character justice.
That remains to be seen...I feel that Janice will be the most scrutinized and picked apart of all the figures.