Ask Ken at Palisades

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
I think in Muppets From Space I heard that rather than records on the cieling, there are CD's. But Palisades' bus will have records, right?

Anyway that's GREAT NEWS that Richard Hunt's as well as Jim Henson's (besides Kermit) puppets are coming back for a bit!
I was beginning to seriously think the Electric Mayhem (besides Animal), Rowlf, Scooter, Lew Zealand were going to officially retire... :eek: :eek: :eek:

C'irdan

Reaction score
bus

nope, they're still records I think... or black cds...lol. But as long ago as MFS they really were trying to bring back the classic characters slowly...I think I enjoyed the film so much solely because of that...and Bunsen's line: Goodbye, Rainbow! And stay GROOVY!-hilarious...and funk music.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Just stopping in for a few things. First, there's concept art for the bus??? Where??? Lemme see it, as I am really curious about how Palisades is going to handle this as a set. Also, why would Lew be an issue, he's one of Jerry Nelson's characters, and he's still active in the Muppet world, right? Also Ken, I asked about this, but maybe you passed it over. No prob, I know you're a busy man, and it pays off for us. Thank you. Anyways, I think you mentioned once that you had the wild-haired Harry. Is there any way that we fans could see/ be offered this as a club exclusive? I don't mean to complain, especially since the true poroof will be holding the figure in my hands (which I plan to do, ASAP), but I feel, upon seeing pictures, such as the one on the box, next to the toy, it makes his hair seem a little too flat. If not, no big deal, he still looks great, and it's awesome that he's even being made. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks a lot. Take care.

-Squigiman

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Re: bus

Originally posted by C'irdan
nope, they're still records I think... or black cds...lol. But as long ago as MFS they really were trying to bring back the classic characters slowly...I think I enjoyed the film so much solely because of that...and Bunsen's line: Goodbye, Rainbow! And stay GROOVY!-hilarious...and funk music.

Black CDs...HAHAHAHA. Yeah I guess they were kinda big for CDs, but I swear I heard that somewhere...

My favorite part in MFS:
KERMIT:"We never leave any one of us behind!"
FOZZIE:"*GASP*We left Dr. Bunsen and Beaker at the Gas Station!"
KERMIT:"Well...from now on, we never leave any one of us behind!"

at the gas station: BUNSEN: "...Cheese Twiddle?":big_grin:

C'irdan

Reaction score
MFS

yeah...that was very funny too...hey Ken...are you planning on making Dr. Phil Van Neuter and Bobo the bear figures? I think people would really like them...:smile: Bunsen and Beaker are great...oh also did you guys know that they took a line from The Muppet Movie and reused it? In the Muppet Labs scene Bunsen says, "Yes, but the effect is sadly temporary." and then Beaker says" Mammy Memomammy" Exactly like The Muppet Movie!!! It was cool to see.:big_grin: oh and Squigiman? Lew Zealand IS voiced by Jerry Nelson, but for some really messed up reason they haven't bothered to use him for a long time, haven't you seen The or Muppet Treasure Island? or Muppets from Space? He's only seen in those and for incredibly short shots in both...but they can still use him and I'm glad that they're going to...he's very funny.

KEN:

Are you going to make Bobo the bear and Dr. Phil Van Neuter figures? and I think you should make a backstage muppet show playset with Bearegaurd...remember to make some original muppet show stuff...not just movies...try and make 2/3 movies and 1/3 original muppet show stuff...(meaning only seen on the muppet show or mostly seen on it:big_grin:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Re: MFS

Is the board acting wacky for anyone else? Hard to describe...some parts of it don't show up.

Are you going to make Bobo the bear and Dr. Phil Van Neuter figures?

It's possible!

Anyways, I think you mentioned once that you had the wild-haired Harry. Is there any way that we fans could see/ be offered this as a club exclusive?

We can show it, but we can't sell it at retail. Rejected product, don'tcha know. Maybe I can get it up on an upcoming Daily Bit.

C'irdan

Reaction score
bus

Ken, I am really anxious to know how the bus is going to be done... is it going to be a real bus with wheels that turn? Is it going to be a sliced bus that you only get one side of (like a cross-section sort of thing) or is it going to be both? (a full bus that somehow opens with a hinge or something) Also even though it is a bus...will Janice come with a guitar, amp and hat??? She has to right??? right?????? And I love the idea of an accesory pack...Kermit needs his Banjo...and I was totally miffed when I read someone at palisades (hopefully not you!) say that "they had trouble figuring out what accesories Kermit would come with". It's totally mandatory that Kermit has a banjo...and it would make up for it if it came with a bunch of Electric Mayhem stuff!!! Like extra instruments and speakers etc...and a removable drumset!!!!sorry to get carried away...but you guys are doing a fantabulous job and you're giving us expectations that are way too high for our own good.! :wink: You should have Mega figures alternating with PVC sets alternating with Accesory packs...heck why not just do accesory packs for every series??? It'd be very popular.:big_grin:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Ken, I am really anxious to know how the bus is going to be done... is it going to be a real bus with wheels that turn?

I'm anxious to know too! I'll let you know when the designs are done!

Also even though it is a bus...will Janice come with a guitar, amp and hat???

Guitar, yes. Hat, yes. Amp, no.

and I was totally miffed when I read someone at palisades (hopefully not you!) say that "they had trouble figuring out what accesories Kermit would come with"

That would have been me who said that. At the time we had no movie deal. A Banjo was a no-go. The association to TMM was too much and it was not allowed by Henson. So we had to figure something out. But like I said before...I sleepwalked through S1...I wish I had it to do over again. I also did not have the relationship I do now with people here...had I had that I am sure ideas would have been suggested.

but you guys are doing a fantabulous job and you're giving us expectations that are way too high for our own good.

Oy...and thanks.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Also even though it is a bus...will Janice come with a guitar, amp and hat???

Guitar, yes. Hat, yes. Amp, no.
No amp? Does this mean she's coming with an acoustic? I was really hoping for the cool shaped electric she had in TMM.
J~

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Ken,
About Harry, he was rejected, as in from Henson??? If that's the case, then I guess I can trust their judgement, though they did encourage mainly modern designs, including that Slim-Fast Piggy. I just hope Statler and (mainly) Waldorf come out looking enough like their days on the actual show, with more hair and such.
Also, as far as Series 1, I like it a heck of a lot, and really like the character selection/distribution throughout the line, so far, but as you seem to think, there are certain things that could have been done better. As you seem to say this with regret, I get the feeling that there is little to no chance to see such improvements, perhaps allowind some movability to Dr. Teeth's glasses/eyelids, to give him a little more of his trademark wild rockin' character, or to perhaps have an open-mouthed Bunsen, so he doesn't look so darn serious. Eh? Just thought, while the topic was mentioned, I'd bring up these (minor) complaints. Oh yeah, also Teeth's hat, as you probably realize, could be more secure, a la the new magnets. Once again, just some ideas about how to only make this line better, in my opinion, of course. Thanks a lot. Take care.

-Squigiman