Ask Ken at Palisades

Fluffets

Reaction score
I remember Angus Mcgonagle going on the original lineup and the idea was revisited later. Sal, Mahna Mahna, the Snowths, another Dr. Teeth, Pajama Animal, Beaker single re-release, Vets Hospital cast, Muppet Wizard of Oz cast, Bobo, Mulch, Seymour & Pepe, the MTM Muppet Babies, Reporter Gonzo, MFS Gonzo, Rat packs, Gobo and likely some Doozers and additional Fraggles were all in the planning stages as I recall.
Pity they haven't been made yet. Still on the subject... I can't wait till my b-day on the 7th of april coz then I will get my first palisades muppet figure. We don't get so much here in the UK but its gonna be a kermit figure. Can't wait! Also it would be aweosme if palisades did a Cookie monster figure and other sesame street characters. To top it off they should make a special Jim Henson figure.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Pity they haven't been made yet. Still on the subject... I can't wait till my b-day on the 7th of april coz then I will get my first palisades muppet figure. We don't get so much here in the UK but its gonna be a kermit figure. Can't wait! Also it would be aweosme if palisades did a Cookie monster figure and other sesame street characters. To top it off they should make a special Jim Henson figure.
Uh, are you aware that Palisades went out of buisness a few years ago? The Muppets line ended in 2005.

Palisades did have a license to make Sesame Street figures, but went out of buisness before the first series could be released, and the only Sesame Street release was an exclusive Super Grover figure. I don't think Cookie Monster was ever announced.

And there was a Jim Henson figure, though it was of the Muppet version that occassionally appeared on The Muppet Show.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Uh, are you aware that Palisades went out of buisness a few years ago? The Muppets line ended in 2005.

Palisades did have a license to make Sesame Street figures, but went out of buisness before the first series could be released, and the only Sesame Street release was an exclusive Super Grover figure. I don't think Cookie Monster was ever announced.

And there was a Jim Henson figure, though it was of the Muppet version that occassionally appeared on The Muppet Show.
Interesting but how the heck was I supposed to know that!
I live in a totally different area to most american members.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Yet you're on the same internet that we got our information from. Lol.

rexcrk

Reaction score
You know, I would say I only needed 4 more characters to be completely happy:
Articulated Robin
Sal Manilla
Bean Bunny
Bobo the Bear
This is what I think too! Although mostly Sal (to go with Johnny) and Bobo (because he's one of my favorites!)

Davina

Reaction score
yes, but fluffet's post count is pretty low.. and as i recall, pretty young.. so wasn't likely around here back then.. and few people take the time to scan through all the old threads...

have to admit i was surprised to see this thread still active...

but then, i'm up way too late, overly tired having not slept well last night, not likely to sleep well tonight (stupid volcanic gases upsetting my asthma..) so am up and scrolling/posting when i'm definatley not fully awake or aware what i'm doing.. :smile:
i'm surprised i havne't had more typos and that this mostly makes sense.. heh

Fluffets

Reaction score
yes, but fluffet's post count is pretty low.. and as i recall, pretty young.. so wasn't likely around here back then.. and few people take the time to scan through all the old threads...

have to admit i was surprised to see this thread still active...

but then, i'm up way too late, overly tired having not slept well last night, not likely to sleep well tonight (stupid volcanic gases upsetting my asthma..) so am up and scrolling/posting when i'm definatley not fully awake or aware what i'm doing.. :smile:
i'm surprised i havne't had more typos and that this mostly makes sense.. heh
Hey I'm not THAT young, In a bundle of days I'll be 12. Of course I was around! I WAS born in 1997 after all. P.S how you copin with volcano? :eek:

Davina

Reaction score
by around i mean around the forums.. heh..

so far the ash fall has stayed away from me.. we've gotten some minor trace ash, but nothing serious.. really hope it stays that way.. just wish the gases would go away again so i can breathe.. i got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night and i'm really glad i don't have anything i actually have to do today.. cuz i would not be able to do it.. am even putting of doing laundry cuz i don't want to have to go up and down the stairs..
the volcano itself is about 150 miles away, and not much for flowing lava.. but the ash is bad enough.. this is supposed to last for several months... (last time it blew it was doing this for like 4 or 5 months apparently..) i really hope it doesn't last that long this time..

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering that initially the contract only included characters and things from The Muppet Show, was it difficult to get permission to have the Muppet Labs playset look like the lab from Muppet Vision 3D?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
WHOA!

I check my Inbox this afternoon, and I see this message. Not since 2009 has one appeared in it. And then? I wasn't paying much attention to be honest. Too many other things on my plate. Rough year.

It wasn't difficult at all, to answer your question, since the set on the show changed so dramatically, there really was not a 'signature' look to the Muppet Labs like, for example, the bridge of the Swine Trek. So since that ride was something that was current and the show was not (and at the time not even on DVD) it was relatively EASY to get the Henson people into the idea.

The REAL question was at the time if I recall and remains...was it a good idea in general? To pattern it after the 3-D look, or to piece something together form some of the show skits.

It was a judgment call, mine, and in hindsight, and hindsight is 20/20, I'd like a 'do-over'. I think the set should have had more 'show elements' on it and less of the Muppet 3-D look. Yes, that's right, I am admitting it...I think I was WRONG in going that way.

At the time I did not think so. And had I the same set of circumstances before me I'd make the same decision. But again, hindsight, knowing what I know TODAY...I'd change it.

Man, this was weird. :smile: