Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Whats with the price of them though ? That would make $30 for the two smaller sets, i thought six was only going to be $20. I guess this is the reason for the split, they cost more to make or something. They look nice and everything but i think they're way too expensive, you could almost have two full size action figures for the price of one set.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nevermind about the PVC pics, I just found it.

Forgive me, I'm ssssllllooooowwww....
:embarrassed: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

WOW! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PVC'S!!!

I hate to do it because I'm broke, but I'm going to be buying those and eating Ramen Noodles for a while.

The things we forsake for the things we love, huh?

Food=ActionFigures/PVCs :rolleyes:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Whats with the price of them though ? That would make $30 for the two smaller sets, i thought six was only going to be $20. I guess this is the reason for the split, they cost more to make or something. They look nice and everything but i think they're way too expensive, you could almost have two full size action figures for the price of one set.
Luke, I'm confused. What are you talking about? Explain it for us "blondes". :stick_out_tongue:

radionate

Reaction score
Never mind. I actually bothered to read the thread, and found out they are spliting up the PVCs into two sets of 3.

Has Ken & Co. stated officially why they've done that yet?

Luke

Reaction score
The PVC's aren't coming as one set anymore according to it seems everyone who knew but me - they'll be two smaller sets of three. Each set will cost $15 !

I know these are niche products and collectables, and i don't dispute the work that goes into them, the detail or the paints, or that this is the way under 1000 hardcore fans want them. Just on a competitive level - i don't know why Palisades prices themselves out of the market a lot of the time, when these things are on the shelves they are placed next to cheaper products from more popular brands so even if the other stuff isn't so good looking it still has the advantage over the Muppets. I understand they are good on quality and can do great things if they can get away with higher price points, just seems to me that it'd be in THEIR interests to actually SELL more if they made a more economical product. I love the PVC's - but they've had time to get to know the Muppet market now, if they expect to sell lots of these (especially with some fairly obscure characters), they're completely bonkers !

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Just on a competitive level - i don't know why Palisades prices themselves out of the market a lot of the time, when these things are on the shelves they are placed next to cheaper products from more popular brands so even if the other stuff isn't so good looking it still has the advantage over the Muppets.

You just answered your own question. They are cheaper BECAUSE they are more popular. At an already expected lower volume, you just can't go in at a lower price. The Muppets do not have the brand recognition you may believe they do. These are comparably priced with other niche collectible PVC sets though, the smaller brand ones you'd find in comic shops. If this were Star Wars PVC, or Looney Tunes even...well, then the volumes could be projected and believed in so they could be $15 for a pack of 6 at the very start of it. Bottom line? We already know going in that the volumes will be weaker, so they have to be priced accordingly.

I love the PVC's - but they've had time to get to know the Muppet market now, if they expect to sell lots of these (especially with some fairly obscure characters), they're completely bonkers !

We don't expect to sell a ton of these...that's why the price HAS to be higher than a higher profile set. That's the way it's gotta be. Is it possible we would sell more at retail if they were cheaper? Maybe...but there is no evidence to support that theory. It's brand recognition...plain and simple.

radionate

Reaction score
I just don't understand why everyone is griping about the price. $15.00 bucks for a set of three DETAILED PVCs isn't that bad. In the late 80's I remember paying 4 bucks for simple scuplt PVCs from Applause.

I also remember the Exclusive Applause Disney PVCs that Suncoast stores carried. These were big pieces (such as Snow White and her Prince riding on his white horse) and were ten bucks a pop! And they weren't detailed at all.

All in all, I think its a smart move on Palisades part. And I understand why they would break them down into two sets of 3.

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation Ken, i get it now. Sorry for being a bit 'blonde' on those points. I guess the 'brand recognition' is an issue that frustrates yourselves and fans alike - but at least we do end up getting the merchandise and thats cool. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nate,

You got gipped, man. At The Disney Store the same Snow White PVC was about $5.

Ken,

I love the PVC's and can't wait. Looks like we can have real fun with them!!

About playsets, what was the final 'ideas' about the possibilities of Bear on Patrol, Vet's Hospital, Theater and Backstage?

FOZ