Ask Ken at Palisades

dhillman

Reaction score
Port Status

Ken,

Is there any news on what the status of the Series 2 is now / where Series 2 physically is? In other words, has anything more been heard other than they are still en route to the QA dept. in the states here...

I just want to know when I need to start travelling to other cities to obtain the Floyd variant :smile:

D

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
apparantly henson wants the same "pre-approved" heads as much as possible. which is why we won't get "sheesh" Kermit (when is when the subject first came up)
Well, that's disappointing. Hopefully Palisades can change Henson's minds. It seems to me as though it would be easier to convince casual collectors to buy the second version of a character if it looks more different from the one they already have. Sad Gonzo in Tux, Wide-Open Mouth Singing Naked Rowlf, Angry 80's Piggy on Rollerskates, and such. The Muppets displayed such a wide variety of emotions through subtle (and not-so-subtle) eye and mouth movements, and it would be nice if the variety of figures showed that.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Re: Port Status

Originally posted by dhillman
Ken,

Is there any news on what the status of the Series 2 is now / where Series 2 physically is? In other words, has anything more been heard other than they are still en route to the QA dept. in the states here...

I just want to know when I need to start travelling to other cities to obtain the Floyd variant :smile:

D
I hear ya,I was wondering where do you go to get Muppets?

also Ken is it possible for Sweetums to come with a ping pong thing from Muppet Vision(sorry if I sound stupid but I forgot what its called)

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Re: Re: Port Status

Originally posted by kansasteen14
I hear ya,I was wondering where do you go to get Muppets?

also Ken is it possible for Sweetums to come with a ping pong thing from Muppet Vision(sorry if I sound stupid but I forgot what its called)

It's called paddleball. :smile:

-SPEEGS

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
hiiiiiiiiiiiYA!

Ooh-ooh! Angry 80s Piggy in rollerskates! Yeah, baby! I'd buy that::mad:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Hey Ken, I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but what muppets would YOU like to get out on the shelves, if they aren't out there already? By the way, excellent work on the Fozzie figure! I managed to get my hands on the Invisibility Spray Fozzie and if this is the same as the regular fozzie (only invisible) then good job!

I woudl like to see as many as we can GET on the shelves. But as far as Muppets themselves, I would like to see the Muppets Tonight guys like Johhny, Sal, Clifford...guys like that...simply because there isn't a lot out there that has been done before. More challenging.

There is a slight difference between Invisible Fozzie and regular. The invisible version has texture on the bow tie. The regular version does not.

apparantly henson wants the same "pre-approved" heads as much as possible. which is why we won't get "sheesh" Kermit (when is when the subject first came up)

This is true for the most part. However, gonna make some subtle changes. For example, Gonzo's hair will be improved on the tux version, cause we didn't like the way the first one turned out. First Mate Piggy has a totally different head sculpt and hair sculpt. Koozebane Kermit is the exact same head as regular. So sometimes yes, sometimes no.

No news. I am still thinking it will be early to mid November before you really start seeing them. Earlier for a few retailers perhaps.

also Ken is it possible for Sweetums to come with a ping pong thing from Muppet Vision

Not likely...but anything is possible.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Series 2 Arrival

Well, here's an update for all the anxious Muppet figures collectors. Or as we say around here: a Muppet News Flash:

We now go live to Kermit the Frog reporting live from Puerto Rico.
Kermit: "Tell us Count, just what is the status of Series 2?"
The Count: "The EBX sales representative said that the Series 2 regular lineup wouldn't get here until probably mid-November. However, there are two hexceptions.
1 Daredevil Gonzo priced at $10.99, which leads me to believe that the salesman was talking about Crash Helmet Gonzo, and
2 Electric Mayhem playset with Animal priced at $19.99.
He said that these two items would be in stores either upon the morrow, October 15, or Wednesday, October 16."
"That's 2, 2 Series 2 figures arriving here at Puerto Rico's stores!"
Kermit: "Thank you for that enlightening update Count."

(Thunder and lightning are heard in the background.)
Kermit, a little scared: "This is Kermit the Frog returning you to your Series 2 wait already in progress."

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Sorry to tell you that your EB dude is incorrect. It would be impossible for him to get those shipments since I know for a fact that the Exclusives are still awaiting a chance to get a container/vessel booking. They had been previously booked for shipment and then denied by the freight forwarder because of the west coast backlog...so they should be going out of China this weekend.

Sorry to burst the bubble...

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
yeah, my EB sales rep also said tomorrow to next week, and I had to tell her that it would take longer (she's also waiting cause she buys all the muppet figures too). Still, I'm hoping to have at least one new muppet by November...but we'll wait as long as it takes....

grail

Reaction score
heh...anyone else who was here when series 1 came out think it's funny that everyone's so calm this time out? there were some...hyper people when series 1 came out. and i think we're all just a little less worried, and a lot more excited then last time.

just an observation