Ask Ken at Palisades

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
oooh, now I have a couple of kleenex box inspired questions

1. I see Janice pictured often with a hat (light brownish with a fold up brim in front and a flower, a la Blossom). Will she follow the Mayhem trend of having a removable hat, or is it too soon to say?

I notice that Dr Teeth, the action figure, has ears, but the puppet doesn't neccessarily...actually, I can't determine if he does or not on the pictures I have here, but I know he doesn't in Muppets Take Manhatten...his hair grows out from under his at right into his beard, hiding any potential ears...I guess som versions of hte puppet hadthe ears showing though?

towels

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Ken

Originally posted by grail
okay...that's just mean...now i'm gonna wonder about what that means exactly all day.

i'm ASSUMING that it means that there were other ideas that didn't make it to the final product because they were just too expensive or not good enough...stuff that we never even heard about.
You mean like the actual working oven and stove burners that had to get dropped when they didn't make it through safety testing?
:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the eBay links that BigSPEEGS asked for featuring Palisades Toys' first foray into the on-line auction market with autographed S1 figures!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1774206176
Series 1 Kermit: Autographed, $15.50.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIsapi.dll?ViewItem&item=1774206138
Series 1 Dr. Bunsen Honeydew: Autographed, $20.00.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1774206110
Series 1 Miss Piggy: Autographed, $15.50.
Http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1774206083
Series 1 Dr. Teeth: Autographed, $20.00.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1774206061
Series 1 Playset, Beaker with Muppets Labs: Autographed, $31.69.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe
none of them are autographed by super dancing travis? w/stewart?? :big_grin:
Nah it's just says the creative team - I think Travis should put his own rival set up at Yahoo Auctions and have Stewart pawprint them ! :cool:

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
No, I don't usually get included in the autographing stuff... Although on a few occassions, I have been asked... (Usually by people who have mistaken me for a John Denver or Elton John...)

Scene at a Toy Convention:
Fan: "Hey there buddy, would you sign my Muppet figure?"

Fan hands me a Sharpe and his Muppet figure. I sign the package and hand it back

"Travis Allen!! who the **** is Travis Allen? I thought you were John Denver."

"Uh... yeah, I am. Travis Allen is the name I travel under."

"But I thought John Denver was dead..."

"Yoink!"

I grab Sharpe and run off into the crowd

Seriously though, I am not involved in the creative process, so I don't usually sign. I am more of a behind-the-scenes guy.

But if you bid on these figures and REALLY want my signature, you can send them to the office, and both Stewart and I will sign.

Lu775

Reaction score
But if you bid on these figures and REALLY want my signature, you can send them to the office, and both Stewart and I will sign.
I've bid on one of 'em. If I win it, I'm holding you to that. :smile:

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by ElecMayhem
Scene at a Toy Convention:
Fan: "Hey there buddy, would you sign my Muppet figure?"

Fan hands me a Sharpe and his Muppet figure. I sign the package and hand it back

"Travis Allen!! who the **** is Travis Allen? I thought you were John Denver."

"Uh... yeah, I am. Travis Allen is the name I travel under."

"But I thought John Denver was dead..."

"Yoink!"

I grab Sharpe and run off into the crowd
This must have been next to the Starting Line-up booth with either ESPN analyst Sterling or his brother Shannon...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly

If you mean the MEGA, not much different than the smaller version. A little sharper and better detailed, but it is not high pile. Just could not integrate it into the plastic and have it look good. Scale was all wrong, as well as an unholy seamline that looked like ***.

Man Ken! You're REAAAAALLY beating yourself up on that! I think that Beaker looks exquiset (even though can't spell it!)

I feel that the Muppet Line is one of the best sets out there, designwise. I love them, and I thin that you are being too hard on yourself.

Besides...it could be worse. Look at the Simpsosn figures. I still think that they are made so it looks like they come free with candy inside!