Ask Ken at Palisades

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
As it turns out the dude's just plain wrong. We sold about 2800 at the show, and as it turns out we have enough left to cover all collector club requests, so don't worry. There should be many folks who don't respond to that bullsheet hype, as it turns out.
You know, I just picked up Salmon of Doubt this weekend (along with Muppet Labs, and other bonus busting items). As it turns out, it's perfectly topical!

Here's the direct quote for those interested:
Incidentally, am I alone in finding the expression "it turns out" to be incredibly useful? It allows you to make swift, succinct, and authoritative connections between otherwise randomly unconnected statements without the trouble of explaining what your source or authority actually is. It's great. It's hugely better than it's predecessors "I read somewhere that..." or the craven "they say that..." because it suggests not only that whatever flimsy bit of urban mythology you are passing on is actually based on brand new, ground breaking research, but that it is reasearch in which you yourself were intimately involved. But again, with no actual authority anywhere in sight.

As it turns out, I really didn't need to post this. As it turns out, I did anyway.
:smile:

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels

As it turns out, I really didn't need to post this. As it turns out, I did anyway.
As it turns out, I really didn't need to read this. As it turns out, I did anyway.

:wink:

grail

Reaction score
towels...

isn't that a great book? there's an interview in there between Adams and American Athiests, detailing WHY Adams was an Athiest that i thought was so brilliant, i typed out all 5 pages and sent it out as an email. as it turns out, i still have a copy if anyone's interested.

thanks for putting up the actual quote, i hated butchering it like i did, but i was at work and didn't have my copy...

tomahawk

Reaction score
i want a copy

hey grail,
i would love a copy of that if you can.thanks

towels

Reaction score
Re: towels...

Originally posted by grail
isn't that a great book? there's an interview in there between Adams and American Athiests, detailing WHY Adams was an Athiest
I actually am only partway through it...I read a bunch of the early stuff (I think through the rhino climb) and then skipped ahead to the SOD parts.
My wife has decided that I am the Salmon of Doubt being from Oregon, and having once had an email interaction with DNA about something he once wrote, or allegedly wrote. I'd tell the story, but it is ask Ken, not bore Ken...

grail

Reaction score
ooooo...i'd love to hear that story sometime...Adams was one of my personal heroes.

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
ooooo...i'd love to hear that story sometime...Adams was one of my personal heroes.
Okay, you weasled it out of me, but it's over in the General Discussion forum out of respect for Ken.
:big_grin: