Ask Ken at Palisades

Walterfego

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
and what's worse...they announced (and there are pictures to prove it) Samurai He-Man...

grail - If we see a Samurai Beaker over the course of the next year I'm holding you personally responsible!

(Beyond next year, you're off the hook. :big_grin: )

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Walterfego
grail - If we see a Samurai Beaker over the course of the next year I'm holding you personally responsible!

(Beyond next year, you're off the hook. :big_grin: )
you hear that Ken? Samurai Beaker in '04! WOO!!

geez, i'm gonna get myself killed...

seriously, the samurai figures look like butt. i say what i really think about them, but it would get me banned. don't believe me? check for yourself: http://216.127.66.72/a/gallery/album78

it's a shame too, because i am a HUGE He-Man fan, and i want so badly to like these things, but i just can't make myself do it.

Luke

Reaction score
Samarai Piggy would be cool though - Hiiiii- Yaaaa !

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Walterfego
HOLY LORD! You ain't kiddin'. What are they even thinking?!
told you so! oh, and for the record...i pulled your response while i was talking to a customer and almost lost it completely. i bit the inside of my cheek trying not to laugh in their ear. heh

ralphyman22

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next set of Membership Packages will be shipped out and is there anyway to see when each member will be recieving it??

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ralphyman22
Does anyone know when the next set of Membership Packages will be shipped out and is there anyway to see when each member will be recieving it??
even though i don't work for Palisades (oh what i wouldn't give...), i think i can safely answer your questions the following way:

When the next set will be sent out - A.S.A.P. they JUST got back from ComiCon, cut 'em some slack. yeah, i understand people want their stuff, but they're only human (well, actually i think Ken might be an alien...but don't tell anybody)

as for when people are going to get them, again...be patient. things have a habit (or to celebrate today's DVD releases 'hobbit') of happening when you least expect them. but if you keep going nuts about it, all you do is make our poor Palisades guys nuts and regret giving us the access and consideration they have.

to sum up...everyone really needs to calm down a little. trust the Palisades guys, they do know what they're doing...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Ken - how about doing a very limited run of some Muppet exclusive and individually numbering them like the Mattel people did with He-Man ? I heard there were serious queues for it !

You know the numbering thing has always had an interesting irony to it to me. Being a product guy, I am painfully aware that the 5,000th figure produced is infinitely better in production quality than the 1st just as the 10,000th figure is infinitely better in production quality than the 5,000th. It's what they call a "learning curve" in factory lingo, and it basically means that it takes these guys some time to really cook on what they are working on. It's also why the first figures that come out at retail tend to have overall a few more blops and glops and breaks. They learn as they go, and have perfected quite a system as they move through production.

Therefore, the guy who giggles like a school girl when he wields his #1 figure tends to not realize that he will generally have the crappiest one in the line.

Anyway, I doubt we'd do that unless it was a really special item.

you hear that Ken? Samurai Beaker in '04! WOO!!

You know, if I could make any kind of Beaker in the world, second to a real interchangeable one would be a Meeptrix one. Heck, a full Meeptrix line would kick butt. Beaker as Neo, Bunsen as Morpheus, Piggy as Trinity and Gonzo or Scooter as the Agent. That would be so cool. You just made me think of it because it would be awesome to make a Samurai Beaker and other wacky variations in addition to show things. Watched my first episode of Muppets Tonight this evening and it was funny as **** to see Beaker and Bunsen in 70's gear. Beaker's fro was a riot. So was Bunsen's toupe.

grail

Reaction score
shh! they're gonna kill me in here...heh

seriously, have you seen the one with Garth Brooks yet? i'm not a big country fan, but he certainly gained TONS of respect from me during that episode. he a kabuki bit, and then when they told him they wanted him to do a country song, he went out and did stuff from Fiddler on the Roof, saying "they didn't say which country". it's actually the episode i remember the best.

ralphyman22

Reaction score
grail--- Thanks for answering my questions.

The only thing is that you keep assuming that everyone is rushing Ken and the other palisades employees. Which i can understand but i was just curious and it seems like you were jumping down my back about. No hard feelings at all and thank you again for the information.

AND THANK YOU KEN and PALISADES FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!!!