Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Actually seeing as i can't face going back to work and have far too much time on my hands here are all the 'Ask Ken' questions that were missed :-

Luke
To summarise myself cos i wrote loads, i asked if there was anything fans could do to help you get promotion for the figures - like writing to Henson and saying how cool the figures are and that it would be good to see Muppets mentioning them on TV so maybe you could get some promotional slots outa them. I also raised the question about voice chips specifically in the Mega line - whether you might have the budget to look into it again for the figures that sell at a premium price, and whether rather than licensing the old clips, whether you could use the new puppeteers or record voices fresh. Many people disagreed there saying it would be like putting Pepe in 25th anniversary packaging though i brought up the Muppets Racemania computer game where this had all been done already.

Fozzie Bear
I'm always interested in the behind the scenes work on stuff. In the case of action figures, did JHC or Palisades originally create the idea of the figures? Where does the initial funding come from? Does JHC, for example, approach your company or does your company create a proposal and go to them to earn the rights to make the figures?

Baz
Will the Tuxedo figures have top hats like Kermit?

Grail
i know Ken has mentioned that Beaker not having holes in his feet so he could at least fit on a stand was a mistake. my question is that if they stop selling the stand WITH the figs, will they stop putting peg-holes in the feet altogether?

Maxgoof
How on Earth can you guys profit from the Muppet Labs?!? It's a HUGE playset, made with high-quality materials, lots of paint and plastic, tons of details and little parts and cool things, one of the slickest window boxes I've ever seen with lots of custom artwork and designs all over it, *AND* it comes with the awesome Beaker figure, and it's only $9 more than a single Tuxedo Kermit!

The Count
Before their DC Comics license ends this year, Hasbro has some surprises left, one of which I'm looking forward to is their Crime Syndicate line. However, the real nuance of Hasbro's figures to be released in the fall of this year, is that the packages feature four-colored opening bubbles. The bubbles are glued to the blister card backing and can be opened to remove the figure or placed back inside, without ever ruining the bubble or the card. I wonder if it's worth investigating to see if this same method can be used with future Muppet figure releases from Palisades. Perhaps it's past the point for Series 2, but since Series 3 won't have the bases for each figure, it might work out after all.

Countgravy
Does anyone know who will be in Series 5, as well as the playset?

Luke
Y'know I was just thinking, how cool would it be to have both Ken and Mike from Palisades do a Panel at Muppetfest. They can take Q&A on the figures and other products, show stills and things, do a talk with photos or video on the design process for the figures(which maybe Ken can take when he's next in China), and Byron can have the chance to pelt them with rotten fruit for the decision to move Janice back.

Everyone - From Various Threads
Has Rizzo replaced Janice in Wave Four, and why ?

There was some great banter from many though that didn't actually spurn any questions - especially people's thoughts on the minis, their prices and how they should be done, as well as a debate on the voice chips. Oh and Jamie wants you to make a Cyndi Lauper action figure ! :rolleyes:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Wow, that's both very cool and very helpful. I gotta get going to the office, but will hopefully get a chance this afternoon to answer the outstanding questions. Appreciate you consolidating the stuff...many many thanks.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll have a MuppetFest folder once again when the second convention is officially announced by Creation and Henson. In the meantime, ideas and thoughts on MuppetFest can go in the "General Discussion" folder. There are several MuppetFest discussions there already.

Jackie

Reaction score
I was gonna post something way back at page number forgotten, but then i kept reading and realized it became irrelevant! LOL! Anyways, welcome back Ken!! :smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

The guy who walked out the other week and is being replaced by another actor - Rob Lowe ?
Oh-- here they have announced the character will be written out and a new character will join the White House staff. (Personally, I think there is something else going on, but that's beside the point.)

wong

Reaction score
you think it's time to lock this thread and start a new one :big_grin:

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter

Oh-- here they have announced the character will be written out and a new character will join the White House staff. (Personally, I think there is something else going on, but that's beside the point.)
Rob Lowe walked because even though he was getting paid more than everyone else (except maybe Sheen), he was very upset that he didn't get a raise when everyone else did. so as of march he's leaving the show. i havn't heard who's replacing him yet

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter

I know this isn't about Palisades, but I gotta say it. Rob Lowe left as Martin Sheen got more money then he did per episode. They gave Mr. Sheen a hefty raise per episode, but not poor Rob, so he decided to move on. Those poor underpaid hollywood big time actors.

*sigh* I feel better now.

I also apologize for the duplicate post as Grail's. We must have posted at the same time, and it won't let me delete mine. Oh well.

Jimbo504

Reaction score
I tried to start a new thread.

"KEN'S BACK! YAY!! REPOST QUESTIONS HERE"

but then Warrick made a post that sort of nixxed that thread.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jimbo504
I tried to start a new thread.

"KEN'S BACK! YAY!! REPOST QUESTIONS HERE"

but then Warrick made a post that sort of nixxed that thread.
*Going to check out Warrick's post...*