Are there Season 1 shows floating around?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a fun hobby, but like y'all know, it does take time...especially since my tapes are a little choppy (meaning that my self editing may include a few seconds of a segment that I didn't otherwise tape)..
I am mixed about that. On one hand, it'd be great to just see the insert and not a second of each segment it's between, but on the other hand, it guarantees that a second wasn't accidentally not included (well, a segment as it aired in that episode, there could be pre-roll/post-roll stuff not in those episodes that made it to other episodes).

I know that one of these episodes (I think episode 11) has Everybody Wash, without part 1 and (I assume) without the introduction where Ernie talks to Bert before singing. I would be interested to see how that edited version was shown. But at the same time, it is something that's otherwise already on YouTube, as well as on DVD and Netflix.

I wonder if a special guide/grid should be made of all segments from these episodes that have and haven't been put up on YouTube yet.

Last edited:

hooperfan

Reaction score
I am mixed about that. On one hand, it'd be great to just see the insert and not a second of each segment it's between, but on the other hand, it guarantees that a second wasn't accidentally not included (well, a segment as it aired in that episode, there could be pre-roll/post-roll stuff not in those episodes that made it to other episodes).

I know that one of these episodes (I think episode 11) has Everybody Wash, without part 1 and (I assume) without the introduction where Ernie talks to Bert before singing. I would be interested to see how that edited version was shown. But at the same time, it is something that's otherwise already on YouTube, as well as on DVD and Netflix.

I wonder if a special guide/grid should be made of all segments from these episodes that have and haven't been put up on YouTube yet.
The "Everybody Wash" insert from show 11 actually starts off with Ernie saying, "Boy, do I feel good..." so it didn't show the first part that was in the first episode... I was mainly referring to the 90s shows I recorded that I self edited, because I didn't tape a lot of the inserts in those years, to save tape (either it was something I didn't find that interesting, or I already had on another tape)...but usually if I have a "new" insert that I don't have anywhere else, I'd either include in the episode I'm uploading and/or post it on its own

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
The Veston guy really bugs me, especially with his constant comments regarding David Rudman as Cookie Monster. Yeesh.
I could not agree more! Now I feel like he's gonna start complaining about the new voice for Zoe (and if she becomes a regular character again, Prairie Dawn). Last month when I uploaded the audio of Prairie's rendition of "O Christmas Tree", he complained, "This song makes me cry. As much as I love to see more stories featuring Fran Brill's characters Zoe and Prairie Dawn, I really hope Sesame Street DOESN'T recast them and instead quietly retires her characters, and possible street scenes with them in general. Although I think Rosita and Abby Cadabby could pull of another sketch or song on their own, it might be too weird and awkward if Zoe wasn't there by their side."

I mean...really?

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Veston Bruno? The guy who has Face from Nick Jr. as his profile pic?:stick_out_tongue:

Anyway...since I haven't replied here, it's so amazing that these recordings of those episodes from the first season are in such great quality.:smile: I saw a few screencaps over on Muppet Wiki and I sure was amazed.:smile:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Veston Bruno? The guy who has Face from Nick Jr. as his profile pic?:stick_out_tongue:
That's the one.

Anyway...since I haven't replied here, it's so amazing that these recordings of those episodes from the first season are in such great quality.:smile: I saw a few screencaps over on Muppet Wiki and I sure was amazed.:smile:
You took the words right out of my mouth! :smile: I know it's super unlikely to happen, but I hope other classic non- Noggin/iTunes/Netflix episodes get uncovered somehow too, the same way these Season 1 episodes saw the light of day!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's the story on Veston? I've only looked a few of his uploads, but I know he's got a few better-quality postings of stuff Sawing has uploaded in the past (though, he apparently got them from SST's website). What's wrong with him?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
What's the story on Veston? I've only looked a few of his uploads, but I know he's got a few better-quality postings of stuff Sawing has uploaded in the past (though, he apparently got them from SST's website). What's wrong with him?
Good questions...I've been wondering the same things...

The major issue I have with Veston's HQ posts, is that he has this tendency to occasionally add unnecessary credits, sound effects, and whatever else pops into his mind- including a stupid laugh track for his post of "That's What Friends are For"!

Here are some examples:
(0:00-0:17 and 3:58-4:22)
(2:29-3:20)
(Watch the whole video)
(Again, watch the whole thing)
(His unusual obsession with a certain Monsterpiece Theater skit...in other words, watch the video from beginning to end)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOzPGYWKqD0 (1:03-1:18, and 1:32-2:12)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85xZgy_8JW4 (Opening credits, closing credits, AND as mentioned before, a laugh track!)

Again, these are just examples- there are quite a few more videos where Veston added his own unnecessary effects... :sigh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I hadn't gotten around to any of those videos, admittedly.

hooperfan

Reaction score
Wow...I've never actually watched these before (the Veston videos)...Wow