Are there Season 1 shows floating around?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's so neat seeing liitle extraneous stuff, like holding up the slate between takes (Noisy Bedroom, etc.), seeing Jim and Frank's heads in shots (many later cropped), even Ernie's arm dangling down in the skit with the 4-eyed Beautiful Day.
You didn't find gems, you dug up a whole goldmine!

hooperfan

Reaction score
Well, I can't take the credit for presenting these treasures...Rugratskid was the one who gave me access to these shows, and I feel so grateful for that... I never thought I would get to see any more episodes from the first season, or any early season for that matter, other than a few clips here and there

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How interesting that Ernie and Bert did several segments about the letter X in the first season, many of which involved puns.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, I can't take the credit for presenting these treasures...Rugratskid was the one who gave me access to these shows, and I feel so grateful for that... I never thought I would get to see any more episodes from the first season, or any early season for that matter, other than a few clips here and there
It still amazes me how far we've come in being able to see vintage Sesame clips. Before youtube, iTunes, the Old School DVD sets, Sprout, Noggin, before ANY of this existed, the only place to find old Sesame/Muppet artifacts was the Paley Center in New York City (formerly the Museum of Television and Radio, funded by the deep pockets of CBS a few blocks away).
There are similar museums in Chicago and L.A., which put you at a disadvantage if you lived in somewhere like Pigsknuckle, Arkansas..
But it's nice the internet came along and levelled the playing field, so everybody can get a chance to enjoy these.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But it's nice the internet came along and levelled the playing field, so everybody can get a chance to enjoy these.
That's what I've been saying in another thread about how they dare to not show old stuff on the show anymore. Only the older members remember the days of tape trading. Heck, even with the internet, before youtube, we were lucky to see a moderately lesser known clip on...ugh... RealVideo. The fact we don't have to deal with that awful piece of garbage is a boon in and of itself! Even with the new stuff from the show proper, you don't even need to watch the show anymore. Most things are just a YT search away.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Bert calling Ernie a "meatball" and hitting him in the face with a pie? Talk about characterization marching on!

And I always wonder how that "bacon and scrambled X" pun would translate into other languages, like the "10-Q" pun in Spanish.

That's what I've been saying in another thread about how they dare to not show old stuff on the show anymore. Only the older members remember the days of tape trading. Heck, even with the internet, before youtube, we were lucky to see a moderately lesser known clip on...ugh... RealVideo. The fact we don't have to deal with that awful piece of garbage is a boon in and of itself! Even with the new stuff from the show proper, you don't even need to watch the show anymore. Most things are just a YT search away.
The oldest I've ever seen of SSt as a kid was Christmas Eve. I was able to catch a lot of what I missed out on thanks to YT and the Old School DVDs. :smile:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I always wonder how that "bacon and scrambled X" pun would translate into other languages, like the "10-Q" pun in Spanish.
Oscarfan uploaded the Spanish version of the 10-Q a while back, and I think it's on his Marshalarchibaldo channel. Suffice to say, it translates poorly.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Oscarfan uploaded the Spanish version of the 10-Q a while back, and I think it's on his Marshalarchibaldo channel. Suffice to say, it translates poorly.
Yeah, I remember that. That one had to be re-written entirely.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember what a racket tape trading was, when Noggin episodes were the hot commodity.
It still blows my mind, back around 1999-2001, living not more than 20 miles outside New York City, and my cable company wouldn't carry Noggin. However, the lucky folks in Greater Metro Bedsore, Kentucky (all three of them!) got it no problem.
Imagine that. If you wanted to catch the Unpaved episodes or The Electric Company, and you didn't have Noggin, you'd have to move.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And it still didn't make any sense.

Oh jeez. I want to turn this thread into a spitting on the grave of RealVideo. As I'm saying younger members of this board will not appreciate how Youtube changed classic Sesame fandom the way us older fans will. I remember having to download clips on college computers that took 10 minutes to load for like 30 seconds of footage. And even then, there weren't the huge library of skits there used to be. While SW goes after full episodes (and in some cases it's justified as some of them were the ones they were trying to sell/show on paid subscription websites), they were absolutely terrible before the YT era. An Electric Company site had to shutter itself forever due to a couple slow loading clips SW wasn't profiting or sharing at the time.

So these surfacing videos are a real boon to fan kind.