Are the Fun-4-All 3D Animator figures out yet?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke said:
Maybe that could be the key to Palisades capturing the Toys R Us type consumers ? I could just see Ken raving about the quality of the PVC's in his 'Happy Meals' ! :wink:
Free fries with every figure. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
beaker said:
I dont see it as ripping off, since Palisades created the muppet quality standard. You could say Palisades ripped off MCfarlane, as lets face it, that company is the one who reinvented the figure whee;.
Well, there have been a lot of big changes in action figures since them... If not ripping off (which I don't say at all) they were certainly inspired to put out quality sculpts and lines. Sadly, Mattel and Hasbro never picked up (with the exception of the Monsters INC toy line) In fact, the Mattel Jimmy Neutron figures look like Jimmy is 50 years older, and got dispepsia.... glehhhh!

MacFarline does make quality stuff, but I dislike a lot of the stuff they've made since they've become mainstream...especially those lame and boring sports stars. Sigh.... I knew I should have picked up more of the Beatles Yellow Submarine figures when i had a chance! D'OH!!!

But the thing is that these indie toy companies (Palisades, Mezzco, and really obscure ones that sell souley at comic book stores) have all been inspired by MacFarline. Unlike Palisades, once these people do go mainstream, their choices of lines starts getting a little ... off. Like those Osborne figures that they can't sell for 1.99...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
McFarlane definitely raised the bar and inspired other companies to get in the game, but they didn't invent the action figure. I wouldn't say that anyone creating high-quality action figures today is copying McFarlane. That's just bizarre.

And I don't really get these sports figures either. Why would a kid want a figure of some football player guy? It just seems kind of...odd to me. And that's saying a lot. I can understand an autographed ball, card or poster, but a doll or figural representation of their sports hero? I find it peculiar, but more power to the guys that want them. There's definitely a market for it. :zany:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
And that's saying a lot. I can understand an autographed ball, card or poster, but a doll or figural representation of their sports hero?
Exactly.

BTW, when does the Jim Henson Muppet action figure come out again? :stick_out_tongue:

tomahawk

Reaction score
Back on the animators issue,the Puzzle Zoo by my house just did a huge Muppet display and they got in Animal, Beaker and Pepe. I'm down in Southern Ca. so they might be showing up more and more around the state.

uncleduke

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
McFarlane definitely raised the bar and inspired other companies to get in the game, but they didn't invent the action figure. ...:zany:
Nor would I neccesarily call Mc Farlanes product "Action" figures...
more like 'lil statues with accessories, in my book.

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
And I don't really get these sports figures either. Why would a kid want a figure of some football player guy? It just seems kind of...odd to me. And that's saying a lot. I can understand an autographed ball, card or poster, but a doll or figural representation of their sports hero? I find it peculiar, but more power to the guys that want them. There's definitely a market for it. :zany:
Apparently they just don't sell good at all here. One store in particular has an entire wall of them MARKED DOWN that are gathering a crud bucket of dust. I hate those things, personally (very personally) almost as Much as I hate Hulk Movie Merchandise.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
uncleduke said:
Nor would I neccesarily call Mc Farlanes product "Action" figures...
more like 'lil statues with accessories, in my book.
They did cause other companies to begin doing better detail and quality on their action figures though.

beaker

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Apparently they just don't sell good at all here. One store in particular has an entire wall of them MARKED DOWN that are gathering a crud bucket of dust. I hate those things, personally (very personally) almost as Much as I hate Hulk Movie Merchandise.
Oh gosh, Hulk merch, ugh. Though *nothing* comes close to the sheer horridity of NASCAR figures...shame on you Mcfarlane!

Anyways, back to the topic, ANYONE know where I can purchase the 3d animator figures online? I'm willing to pay $50 for a Beaker if anyone has one.

Ok, but seriously I really want one >_<;; Can anyone hook
a Muppet brotha up?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude... I'm working on it.

But McFarline Sports stars and Nascar figures... glahhgrh!! Gag me with a magnetic hat. I feel that those (Along with Hulk Movie Merch, and 90% of KB Toy's selection) are the worst toys ever! Yuck!!!