April Fools: New Muppet Video Games

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just found this news in the latest issue of Game Informer:

Nintendo will be releasing new Muppet games for Nintendo Wii and DS.

Muppets: Get the Scenery will involve the Muppets picking up props, set pieces, and costumes for the next show, thanks to a delivery strike. Since the variosu necessities are in different parts of town, the Muppets split up to save time. Fans can play as Kermit as he tries to avoid the owner of a rival theater, Miss Piggy as she attempts to get costumes from a crime-filed part of town, Fozzie must avoid the stricking delivery people who want to stop him from picking up the props, Gonzo travels through the air vents and storage rooms, Pepe goes to a part of town that becomes warped, and Rizzo must avoid a team of cats who want to eat him alive. After the game is compelted, fans can watch a special CGI performance of the show that the Mupets are planning, featuring over 30 Muppets. Will be released on the Wii this July.

Muppet Labs: You Pick will involve you, the player, helping Bunsen decide on what inventions to test out on Beaker. Some inventions will require using other inventions to get Beaker back to normal, or to repair the damage of the labs. Comes to DS this August.

Save Beaker, also due this august, will invovle Beake rbeign kidnapped by creatures who live in a special dimension that Bunsne has just invented. As a special gimmick, players can either play as Bunsen rescuing Beaker, or as Beaker escaping, so the worlds are backwards with one another. It will be the first video game where the screen scrolls from the left to right (when playing as Beaker), instead of the other way around. And so the game will end with a boss either way, both modes wil begin with a boss battle. Available for the Wii and DS.

Gonzo Saves the World: Evil creatures from Gonzo's home planet have hypnotized everybody on earth to act like them. Howeve,r since Gonzo is among that specieis, he is not effected, and is now the most normal person on earth. Play as Gonzo as he attempts to turn things back to normal. Scheduled for release this october for the Wii.

Muppet Speedway: A follow-up to Muppet Race Mania (which will also be reelased for the Wii on the day it comes out), play as over 85 different Muppets (60 of which will be unlockable) as they race around the world. Available for the Wii (which will include special bonus clips from The Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, and Muppets Tonight) and DS this December.

APRIL FOOLS!

MWoO

Reaction score
see, this is the kind of april fools post that is just plan mean. The others were funny or at least you were happy when you saw it was a joke. This, not so much.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Still, I'd very much like to see these (fake) games. I think it was established a while back that these kind of joke threads are okay as long as they are in the games or friends and family sections. It generally has the same outcome, but less of a let-down because of placement.

Anyway, I'd play Gonzo Saves the World! :concern: These really are some good ideas. :wisdom:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the real April Fools joke here is that the video games we wound up getting most of the time were just that. Anyone ever try to play Chaos at the Carnival? it flat out sucks.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that some day my april fools joke comes true and these are all released (maybe not for the Wii or DS... I'm sure that if they get released those systems would have been long-replaced with newer ones).

I thought up ideas for the Gonzo game last year, as well as the game where you play as Bunsne to rescue Beaker (or play as Beaker escaping in reverse order of the levels). I thought about making this an april fools joke last year, but opted for different ones instead.

I thought up that idea for a game where the Muppets have to get the props themselves a few weeks ago. Oh, and by announcing appearances by "over 30 Muppets", I would have only meant existing Muppets, not original characters (who I would have had appear with Muppet-style designs). I guess it's good that my joke didn't include mentioning which performers would have lended voices to the game (though I wouldn't have gone so far to mention Frank Oz or Jerry Nelson... just Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Dave Goelz, Rickey Boyd, Bill Barretta, Victor Yerrid, Kevin Clash, and John Henson).

I thought up that other Muppet Labs game last december. I guess the inspiration for that is the Duck Amuck game for DS. For soem ideas that would need other inventions or ways of figuring out other things, I would have mentioned stuff like Beaker getting his head blown off and the player needing to figure out how to grow it back, or having a bucket stick to his head (like in The Muppets at Walt Disney World) and have the players figure out how to get it off.

For the Muppet Speedway game, I thought about mentionin g that Disney made a deal with Sesame Workshop to include a variety of Sesame Street characters and levels. But chose not to.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I think that would have been a good idea, if they made something like that for real. After all, we have Mario Kart and Smash Bros. and all that. I think they can do a few of those types of games with the Muppets as well. I can even picture a 'Sesame Street Racing' or something like that.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just saw this and with the big April fools in front of it I really wasn't much of a joke at this point, haha!:big_grin: