April Fools: Lips the trumpeteer to be getting his own sitcom

galagr

Reaction score
According to a recent interview with Steve Whitmire, Lips will be getting his own sitcom:
http://bit.ly/3wJp3i

The show is to center around Lips' life after he became the breakout star of the Electric Mayhem. After touring the world for eight long yers, he's finally decided to continue life with one of his favorite muppet co-stars, Lew Zealand. Unfortunately, Lew lives in a boarding house with Dr. Strangepork, Mean Mama, Timmy, Seymour the Elephant, Johnny Fiama, Sal, and other forgotten Muppets. Naturally, hilarity ensues. The show is desgined to reintroduce more obscure Muppet characters to the public eye. The sitcom will feature guest cameos from Zac Efron, Ricky Martin, and Tyson the Skateboarding Dog. The show will be called "Lips and Lew" and will premiere on May 32nd 2017.

Hubert

Reaction score
Woah! Totally did not realize that 2017 is a leap year!

Wonder if "Never Gonna Give You Up" is a good them song choice for this, who (or what) might Lips be not giving up?

galagr

Reaction score
Hmm, interseting, I'm guessing Lips would not be giving up his trumpet playing. Although, I would rather have Lew sing the theme song with occasional chiming in by Dr. Strangepork.

EDIT: Just found out the theme song will be written by Sylvester Stalone and Mike Trainor! Who woulda thought?

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
According to a recent interview with Steve Whitmire, Lips will be getting his own sitcom:
http://bit.ly/3wJp3i

The show is to center around Lips' life after he became the breakout star of the Electric Mayhem. After touring the world for eight long yers, he's finally decided to continue life with one of his favorite muppet co-stars, Lew Zealand. Unfortunately, Lew lives in a boarding house with Dr. Strangepork, Mean Mama, Timmy, Seymour the Elephant, Johnny Fiama, Sal, and other forgotten Muppets. Naturally, hilarity ensues. The show is desgined to reintroduce more obscure Muppet characters to the public eye. The sitcom will feature guest cameos from Zac Efron, Ricky Martin, and Tyson the Skateboarding Dog. The show will be called "Lips and Lew" and will premiere on May 32nd 2017.
Is it an April Fools joke? I mean, if it isn't I'm proud of Lips and Steve. But, I can't get the interview posted up.

galagr

Reaction score
In case anyone wasn't sure, this is an April Fools Day joke. A fairly successful one, if I may add.