April Fools: Every Muppet production on Netflix

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As I was scrolling Netflix, I found The Muppet Show... and then The Jim Henson Show (the MuppeTelevision segments of The Jim Henson Hour)... and then Muppet Babies, and Muppets Tonight, and Hey Cinderella, and The Muppets Go to the Moives, and most of the movies, and "Muppet Shorts" (which includes the Muppetisms, various viral videos, the Here Comes the Muppets pre-show, and a few DVD featurettes). Looking at the Muppet Show page, I saw that it not only has all five seasons, but also "pilots" (including the unaired versions of the first two episodes) and a "season 6" (which is simply "Of Muppets and Men" and all of the compilation videos).

I even did some searching for some of the more unexpected things, and I saw that Netflix has Little Muppet Monsters, The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years, the Play-Along Videos (listed as "The Muppets Play-Along Video"), The Secrets of the Muppets, and Muppet Time. The only things I searched for that didn't show up were A Muppet Family Christmas and Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree.

And then I found an article on Google, announcing that Disney has put every Muppet production it owns on Netflix, with the exceptions of all the Christmas productions (those are being saved for November), Muppets Most Wanted, the Muppet Meeting Films, and Muppet Vision 3D.

Well, if you'll excuse me, there's a lot that I need to watch. I think I'll start with the unaired pilot versions of the pilots. Oh wait...

APRIL FOOLS!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I almost fell for that, until you said Little Muppet Monsters.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I almost fell for that, until you said Little Muppet Monsters.

Really? That's the one program that made it unbelievable? Okay, maybe if I said it included the unaired episodes (I could see the finished footage being on a DVD set but not Netflix). I would have thought my mention of the pilot versions of the first two Muppet Show episodes or maybe the Here Come the Muppets pre-show would have been more of a give-away.

If Disney isn't going to put the rest of The Muppet Show as well as the other TV shows and classic specials on DVD, they should at least put them on Netflix. Netflix has (and has had) a number of shows that have remained unavailable on home video due to clearance issues, so I wouldn't expect it to be a big problem to include all that Muppet stuff with music rights issues.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that April Fools is over, we're moving this thread to the Games section.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Really? That's the one program that made it unbelievable? Okay, maybe if I said it included the unaired episodes (I could see the finished footage being on a DVD set but not Netflix). I would have thought my mention of the pilot versions of the first two Muppet Show episodes or maybe the Here Come the Muppets pre-show would have been more of a give-away.

If Disney isn't going to put the rest of The Muppet Show as well as the other TV shows and classic specials on DVD, they should at least put them on Netflix. Netflix has (and has had) a number of shows that have remained unavailable on home video due to clearance issues, so I wouldn't expect it to be a big problem to include all that Muppet stuff with music rights issues.
Actually, I don't have Netflix, so if it wasn't for ToughPigs telling me that the only muppet thing is Gaga than I'd have fell for the whole thing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, after I'd already posted a couple of threads, I had thought about doing a joke announcement of a DVD release of the Lady Gaga special (I assume that's coming to DVD, or at least was planned for a DVD release when it was in production... Was the 2012 Lady Gaga holiday special released on DVD?), saying that it would come out in the summer (well, considering there's not much Christmas content, it wouldn't be a big stretch).