Anything Muppets on "30 Rock"

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Last night's episode of NBC's "30 Rock" (entitled "Apollo, Apollo") paid homage to the Muppets with an appearance of several unique Anything Muppets caricatures. In the episode it is shown that Kenneth, the perpetually cheerful NBC page, views the world as being populated by Muppets. Puppeteers for this segments included "Sesame Street" regulars Joey Mazzarino, Carmen Osbahr, and Matt Vogel.

Check out video clips of the Muppet appearance here:
http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2009/03/muppet-view-of-world-on-30-rock.html

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So what/who were these Muppet caricatures of?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Someone's gonna give me a side by side comparison... but did they use the same Jack muppet as they did with the 30 Rocks skit on Sesame Street?

Anyway, brilliant surprise appearance. And to think, I almost turned it off (I'm laughed out after the Office usually). Man, first Grover, Oscar, and Elmo pop into J.D.'s fantasys on Scrubs, now AM's pop up in Kenneth's overly clean and crazy mind? 2 Sitcom appearances in a single season. I'm loving this.

Oh, and for Count- the caractures were of Alec Baldwin's Jack, Tracey Morgan, and Tina Fey's Liz.... there was also a small tailor with Jack in the first segment.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I'll wait till you get that comparison to know if they were indeed two different Jack Donaghy Muppets or not. The Liz Lemon Muppet was human right? so that distinguishes it from the lemon Muppet in 30 Rocks. The Tracy Muppet and Tailor would be new additions though. Missed this appearance as I watched Smallville and TNA instead. Glad for the appearance though, hope someone sends the Muppet portions to the MuppetCast.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The puppets included of Jack Donaghy (Baldwin), Tracey Jordan (Morgan), Liz Lemon (Fey), and two unnamed tailors in Jack's office. The puppeteers for the segments were Joey Mazzarino, Carmen Osbahr, and Matt Vogel; while Baldwin, Morgan and Fey provided the voices for their Muppet counter-parts.

The Jack Donaghy puppet was slightly different from the "Jack the Boss" puppet seen in the "30 Rocks" sketch (different eyes and slightly different hair - but the same basic Anything Muppet pattern and design). And the Liz Lemon puppet was a human Anything Muppet (not an actual lemon as was used in the "30 Rocks" sketch).

There are video clips of the Muppet portions here:
http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2009/03/muppet-view-of-world-on-30-rock.html

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I'll wait till you get that comparison to know if they were indeed two different Jack Donaghy Muppets or not. The Liz Lemon Muppet was human right? so that distinguishes it from the lemon Muppet in 30 Rocks. The Tracy Muppet and Tailor would be new additions though. Missed this appearance as I watched Smallville and TNA instead. Glad for the appearance though, hope someone sends the Muppet portions to the MuppetCast.

Oh yeah... the rest were human AM type caracatures of them as well. They didn't reuse anyone else but, presumably, Jack. I remember Liz being made of the round headed lavender rod arms AM, and the Tracy being made out of the purple Fozzie shaped AM...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huge thanks to both Greg and Drtooth. These'll all make it into MuppList additions, whenever I start tackling everything SST-related.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
that was cute. I see the world alternately as Muppets and Sims, myself. :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I didn't know if they where from Sesame or from the Muppet Whatnots. I loved seeing them on 30 rock though and think it really fit well.