Anyone want to live in Fraggle Rock?

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Does anyone wish it would be possible to live in Fraggle Rock? If so, why?

For me, it would be the fact that someone would be there to do the job of gathering and cooking food. (I live alone and don’t like to cook; the kitchen gets too hot in summer, and then there’s all the cleaning up to do afterward. I just buy readymade sandwiches or salads across the street.) Also, I could get plenty of exercise by dancing and going on hikes, two of my favorite ways to get exercise. It’s hard to find a studio with a schedule that fits in with my schedule.

I could eat with my Fraggle friends, or eat alone if I felt like it. They could help me with my problems, and I’d help them with theirs. We’d have adventures. I could take any problems I couldn’t solve to the Trash Heap.

But most importantly, I would be surrounded by friends who would always be there for me. Fraggles tend to be so kind and helpful.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I would, but I fear I wouldn't make it as a Fraggle because I hate radishes. LOL

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Yeah, I’d have to learn to love radishes, I guess!

But I’m hoping it would be cool in an underground world. I don’t like the heat.

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
I used to dream about that a lot as an eighties/early nineties kid. There was a bush in my yard that had an opening in the side, and if you looked into it, it looked like there was a forked path, one on the left side of the bush's trunk, and one on the right. I used to imagine that one path led to Fraggle Rock, and the other one led to the Labyrinth (my favorite childhood film).

Harold43

Reaction score
There are a lot of fictional environments that I wouldn't mind at least visiting. Permanently living in them, however, would be an entirely different assessment.

As someone who is involved with logistics, I know that the Fraggle Rock universe is not rational. It's a children's show by it's very nature and so, therefore, it doesn't need to follow rational rules. Waste disposal, health care, water security, food security, law enforcement... I have no expectation that this universe has seriously thought about any of that or applies whatever rules it does establish in an episode across it's entire series.

However, to live in a fanciful land that doesn't have to deal with topics such as economic policies or foreign relations would be FUN. Who wouldn't want to at least try to live in a land whose rules seem as though they are written with a crayon and seemingly scrawled onto a wall? I think that any environment where your personal safety (Gorgs not withstanding), food security (Doozers building edible structures) and social security (there doesn't seem to be homeless or poor Fraggles) are clearly not threatened is inviting. Having a 30-minute work week was extraordinarily forward thinking and, although we're not there YET we do have "work-from-home" which, to some people, is an awfully close substitute...

Whenever you go into any new environment, there is always the question of how well you will socially adapt to that environment. When in Fraggle Rock, do what the Fraggles do... But what DO they DO? I think a huge factor would be in how quickly you can build a social network that is compatible with your identity, either your current one or the one you would like to have in that environment.

So, in summary... Visit? Absolutely. Ask questions about living conditions, culture and affordability? Wouldn't hurt. Blindly throw my previous life away to live there? Let's revisit that question after some more research... but the 30-minute work week does sound very, very tempting... :smile: