Anyone Seen "The Simpons Movie" yet?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
-First of all, there was no Sideshow Bob. He's my favorite Simpsons character of all time, so that was kind of sad that he wasn't in it.

-Mr. Burns and Smithers were grossly under-used IMO. See, I always put them at the top of the list of secondary characters (along with Flanders and Chief wiggum for example) and they only had three scenes. They were all good, who doesn't love Mr. Burns releasing the hounds?

That part where Marge was saying it was over to Homer on the video tape had me in tears it was so sad.
According to director David Silverman, he had Julie Kavner go through that speech over 100 times until he was completely satisfied!

And yeah, Burns and Smithers are my two favorite characters, and it was kinda a disappointment they didn't have a lot of screen time. But the scenes they DID have were pure gold, especially their last, lol!

Kelsey Grammer recorded Sideshow Bob, but ultimately he was left on the cutting room floor. Hopefully his scene (or scenes) will be restored on the DVD. BTW, Sideshow Bob, Sideshow Cecil AND their father (John Mahoney) will be featured in the upcoming season.

Nice avvy! Good to see ol' Grimey again! "Homer's Enemy" is one of my all-time favorite episodes!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Maybe other people had more airtime in deleted scenes?
Yep. Some were even cut out for timing.

Kelsey Grammer was back as Sideshow Bob.

Minnie Driver, Isla Fisher (Wedding Crashers, Hot Rod) and the real-life Erin Brokovich all had cameos, and all ended up being cut.

rexcrk

Reaction score
According to director David Silverman, he had Julie Kavner go through that speech over 100 times until he was completely satisfied!

And yeah, Burns and Smithers are my two favorite characters, and it was kinda a disappointment they didn't have a lot of screen time. But the scenes they DID have were pure gold, especially their last, lol!

Kelsey Grammer recorded Sideshow Bob, but ultimately he was left on the cutting room floor. Hopefully his scene (or scenes) will be restored on the DVD. BTW, Sideshow Bob, Sideshow Cecil AND their father (John Mahoney) will be featured in the upcoming season.

Nice avvy! Good to see ol' Grimey again! "Homer's Enemy" is one of my all-time favorite episodes!
Haha thanks, "Homer's Enemy" is my number one favorite episode of all time, followed by "You Only Move Twice"

Speaking of which, I know Russ Cargill and Hank Scorpio are both voiced by A. Brooks, so every time Russ Cargill spoke, I thought of Hank Scorpio. Especially at the part when he was like "I want ten thousand tough guys, and ten thousand soft guys to make the tough guys look tougher. And I want them in this order: tough, tough, soft, tough, soft, soft, tough, tough, tough..."

:crazy:

And yeah I'd be thrilled if they came out with an extended edition DVD... y'know for the hardcore fans :wink:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Haha thanks, "Homer's Enemy" is my number one favorite episode of all time, followed by "You Only Move Twice"
LOL! YOMT is a classic!

I love when Homer catches Bond and Scorpio's guards simply machine gun him while he's out. "I tackled a loafer at work today."

Homer (disappointed): Awwww...the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: You just don't understand football, Marge!

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
Loved it! One of my favorite moments was when a naked Bart skate boarded past Ralph wiggum. That line was so unexpected.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I could see them cutting for time. Sssssssall good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Speaking of which, I know Russ Cargill and Hank Scorpio are both voiced by A. Brooks, so every time Russ Cargill spoke, I thought of Hank Scorpio. Especially at the part when he was like "I want ten thousand tough guys, and ten thousand soft guys to make the tough guys look tougher. And I want them in this order: tough, tough, soft, tough, soft, soft, tough, tough, tough..."
:wink:

I am so happy they gave their first and one of their most frequent guest celeb VA's to be in the movie. I almost forget everyone he did, except for Hank Scorpio.

Anyway, of course there will be a special edition DVD. It's a new movie right? They pretty much do the DVD BEFORE the movie comes out. It's like the scene in Spaceballs where the VHS came out while the movie was being made.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
How'd that do that?
What? Make DVD extras for a theatrical film before the actual film comes out?

This seems to be a common practice nowadays. Oftentimes a cast and/or crew will record a commentary as soon as a film is finished, while it's still fresh in their minds.

Some directors, such as Robert Rodriguez and Kevin Smith, shoot material specifically for a DVD while they're on the set of their movies.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I know I haven't been around in ages (I'm soooo sorry, I really miss you guys!) but I just got back from the midnight premiere and I just have to say:
BEST MOVIE EVER!
It's seriously in my top five of all time and I strongly reccomend it.

Granted, I'm a die-hard fan. I honestly do not believe the Simpsons has declined in anyway shape or form, and even if you are one of those people, you will not be disappointed. It's just so **** good! Nothing is done in excess, every character is rich with flavor and even though it's a movie, it really captures the essence of the show.

Now I'm off until the next chance I have a chance to breathe! Don't get serious about your career too late in life, kids. It's murder!

I really miss youse' guys!
Wow. That was exactly what I was gonna say! My favorite part was either Ralph in the 20th century fox sign, Cletus "removing" his thumb, or Homer's *another minor spoiler* Homer's epiphany.

4 stars!