Anyone Seen "The Simpons Movie" yet?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I love the scene where Homer bids "farewell" to the town while slowly sinking down the sandbox. The entire theatre erupted into enormous laughter!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That was absolutely hillarious, and the scenes between Flanders and Bart were very interesting.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
There's nothing like hearing "release the hounds!" in surround sound!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Okay, I just got back from the movie, and I must say....that was the BEST MOVIE EVER! Although I may have the Spiderpig song stuck in my head for awhile.:embarrassed:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I saw it! Thought it was really very good! Great humor, loved the part with the animals in Homer and Marge's bedroom, that was hillarious. Also loved Tom Hanks' cameo, that was great! Really liked all of it! Great movie!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Among the trailers you may see before the film are The Chipmunks (potty humor), Daddy Day Camp (with Cuba Gooding, Jr.), Fred Claus (Christmas comedy with Vince Vaughn), and a CGI Horton Hears a Who, with Jim Carrey as the voice of Horton.
How could I forget to add Mr. Bean's Holiday?

Good to see Mr. Bean back!:big_grin:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
*decides to use that as a signiture*
Heh heh. This is the first time one of my posts has been used as a siggy! Kewl!

I feel just like Shakespeare or Wilde or Shaw...

Y'know...Cletus Shakespeare or Buster Wilde or Ollie "Otter" Shaw...

Drtooth

Reaction score
17 years for a Simpsons movie. Crayon Shin-chan (the Japanese equivillant of Bart Simpson, some say) has had 10, and came out roughly the same time. Just saying.

But it's ABOUT TIME!

How can I post this as a review.... I don't know where to start. You know how they said Star Wars Epiosde 3 saved the franchise? Well, this definately rekindled my love with the Simpsons!

I mean, there are some signs of current humor styles, such as Spiderpig... but it overall had an old school pre season 10 feel throughout. Homer is as stupid as he usually is, but it isn't cloying and fraught with unfunny jokes like the show has had lately. Marge isn't the annoyingly perfect G-rated Housewife she is in the series, and basically, they characters were like they USED to be. Sure, Cletus and Ralph were there, I feel they are overused, but even they were funny and usefull in the movie.

All and all, it was an excellent film. I am so happy 3 television cartoons had theatrical released movies this year. ATHF, Simpsons, and TMNT (though to be fare, it was a hanging sequal to the original TMNT films). And of all the movies I saw this year I was only disappointed a little by Shrek three.

But then of course, a lot of great things they could only do in the movies happened....

SPOILER

Bart Simpson had a long sequence riding nude on his skateboard. His area was blocked by various random obejects until he passes by a bush, and everything BUT that area was covered. At the risk of sounding like a pervert, animated cartoon full frontal nudity in the US is AMAZING to see. In Japan, there is some bizzarre censorship thing that you actually can show a child's area, but an adults has to be pixilated. Crayon Shin Chan (again, I have to mention him) has been showing his Zo-san for years. But GOD, us animators love to see cartoon characters do things like this all the time. Vulgar shocking things you don't expect.

SPOILER

All and all, I give this movie 3 Wows!

WOW! WOW! WOW!