Anyone Seen "The Simpons Movie" yet?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I know I haven't been around in ages (I'm soooo sorry, I really miss you guys!) but I just got back from the midnight premiere and I just have to say:
BEST MOVIE EVER!
It's seriously in my top five of all time and I strongly reccomend it.

Granted, I'm a die-hard fan. I honestly do not believe the Simpsons has declined in anyway shape or form, and even if you are one of those people, you will not be disappointed. It's just so **** good! Nothing is done in excess, every character is rich with flavor and even though it's a movie, it really captures the essence of the show.

Now I'm off until the next chance I have a chance to breathe! Don't get serious about your career too late in life, kids. It's murder!

I really miss youse' guys!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Now I'm off until the next chance I have a chance to breathe! Don't get serious about your career too late in life, kids. It's murder!
Wait...you are a proffesional assasin? Why didn't you tell your own father about this? Hmmm?

--

But seriously, I'm hopeing to see The Simpsons sometime next week! I can hardly wait!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I saw The Simpsons Movie this morning at 9:30, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT ! !

It's still my favorite show, and I tune in faithfully every Sunday. I still catch the reruns. I may be in the minority here, but I think the show is still very strong and funny. I'm not just saying that because I'm a hardcore fan. If I thought the show was dead, I wouldn't bother to tune in. But I look forward to each new season with gleeful anticipation. I'm all over The Simpsons, past AND present, like Homer loose at a candy convention ("mmmmmm....gummi...")

**MINOR SPOILERS**

The movie is a laugh-out loud riot. Mr. Burns and Smithers have two particularly funny scenes. From the second the Fox logo begins, you're hooked. It was so beautiful to see the town of Springfield and its denizens up on the big screen. There's an "Itchy & Scratchy" cartoon that's one of the best, a lot of hilarious one-liners, a cameo from a big-name star, and a brilliantly funny sequence in which Homer dares Bart to go skateboarding...with a Homeresque twist, of course!:crazy: Be sure to stick around for the end credits.

**END OF SPOILERS**

The Simpsons Movie is a very satisfying entertainment. It's cool to see Homer and Co. in glorious widescreen, and the musical score by Hans Zimmer is a real treat, too!

I give The Simpsons Movie Three and a Half Donuts out of Four.

Oh, and three words:

Grand Theft Walrus.

LOL!:zany:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm going to see it tonight, I think, and I'm super excited. Any advice on whther I should get tickets early?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I'm going to see it tonight, I think, and I'm super excited. Any advice on whther I should get tickets early?
Well, I saw the film at 9:30 in the morning, and the theatre was more than half filled. And this is the first time I noticed this theatre showing a film so early in the day (matinees usually begin after 11 at this particular cinema). I'm predicting this will be a big one, so if you can, I would suggest getting your tickets early, just to be on the safe side.:smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Among the trailers you may see before the film are The Chipmunks (potty humor), Daddy Day Camp (with Cuba Gooding, Jr.), Fred Claus (Christmas comedy with Vince Vaughn), and a CGI Horton Hears a Who, with Jim Carrey as the voice of Horton.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
So this afternoon I went to see the film with a packed house. Right off the bat I thought I would like it, but right from the start I couldnt breathe, one of the best films of 2007 in my opinion. It was great, heartwarming, fresh, and raunchy. Very great animation, and just a fun film. I seriously loved it, the jokes were executed to perfection, and the colors were just eye candy. Fantastic film, and you have to see it.