Anyone seeing Shrek 2?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Boy oh boy. I saw it AT LAST!

The Fairy Godmother is a scream! Sooooo funny.

And I laughed my socks right off after the end credits! He, he, ha!

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Funny, but not classic like the Muppets. Shrek won't go down in time...the Muppets, however, already are!

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, like, wow, what do we think about a third, fer sure?

Bae:zany:{And I said...oh forget it}anice

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I saw Shrek 2 tonight, or should I say last night! (its almost 2am and havent gone to bed yet)
I loved it, I think I like it better than the first movie however this time I dont like the merchandise much. the first movie brought tons of quality merchandise, this time its everywhere and most of its pretty basic and not very well made. Mcfarlane made the best shrek toys ever!

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I loved Shrek, Shrek 2 was awesome as well, but I really don't think a third film is a good idea. I'm sure it will make a lot of money (which is why they decided to go ahead with it) but I'm not sure it will be a really quality film. Who knows though...I'll wait until I see it for myself to say whether I like it or not.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Yep...or what I like to call them, "The Disney Copy Cats" :grouchy:
Actually, a lot of the characters in Shrek are meant to poke fun at Disney classics, so they actually parody Disney rather than copy them.

Plus, it's healthy for Disney to have some competitiion in the CGI film medium -- that corporate monster needs something to tie it down :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd rather see a Dreamworks production than a Disney film any day of the week.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Shrek 3 will be releasing to theaters somewhere in 2006!!!

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Yeah, the thing with Shrek is that they're really good with spoofing. But if all you do is spoof other films, the film you make won't make any sense to future generations. I mean, I'll probably always remember what they're spoofing, but I doubt people in future generations will be able to appreciate Shrek. I'm all for things that can last forever, like Lord of the Rings. Bad comparison, but it gets my point across!