Anyone pick up a spare Free Comic Day Labyrinth?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well after a FOUR HOUR bus trip (it seems after putting the city of Phoenix through a massive bus strike, the bus drivers are now being massively overpaid to NOT do their jobs), my nearest comic shop didn't have any of the Labyrinths. Anyone pick up an extra?

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Nope. I went to two comic book stores and they didn't have it. :/

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I got one...not sure about an extra though...the kids may have picked one up but I don't think so. The Labyrinth story was only about five or six pages...cute but a little hard to follow

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Dangit, I knew I was forgetting something. *sniffle* I don't have one either. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, due to the outright stinginess of the places that carried it, I was only able to procure one for myself. By the time I got to the "you can basically pull up a backpack and shovel as many comics as you want in" store, they were out of 90% of the FCBD comics, and were just giving out unsold junk and leftovers from 2 years back.

I WISH I did, though. I didn't get to pick up last year's Dark Crystal or Halloween's free Fraggle Comic, and that would have been something I would have traded for.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
As this was free anyway, I don't feel all that guilty about it, but here, if you scroll down, someone posted a link to scans of it. I'm Moulinofmoraine over on that forum.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I didn't find Voltron and didn't get Star Wars in time.

But if anyone wants an extra The Tick from last year, the freaking comic book store up sold me on getting another one, thus missing the Star Wars one as well.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Thank you for the link to the scans!
While the coloring is good, the artwork is too simple for my taste. It doesnt really look like the movie.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing these scans!

Aw, this is beautiful! The artist demonstrates just the right balance between the standard character models his own personal graphic novel style expression. I believe the kind of art and storytelling presented here will reach more people than the off-putting, niche manga stuff from years past. I personally loathed Tokyo Pop's squandered opportunity and their take on the beloved Henson properties. This is really in the spirit of Jim's Labyrinth. I'm excited for the future of these comics!