Anyone interested in obtaining customized Muppet figures?

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's Artie

In one of the other threads, Luke made a joke about me starting "Artie's Toys", and although I have no plans on starting an all-out business, I have thought about making some of my custom figures available for MC and Toughpigs Members. Would anyone be interested? They won't be my own personal ones, but ones made to order specifically for Muppet Central and Toughpigs members.

They'll consist of two categories:

1) Repaints of already sculpted figures, for example:
http://members.aol.com/mrthefrog/kermitmanhattan.jpg
http://members.aol.com/mrthefrog/kermitcratchit.jpg

2) Figures with resculpted elements, for example:
http://members.aol.com/mrthefrog/piggy.jpg

The cool part is that you name the figure. Meaning that if you want "Indiana Frog" complete with whip, I can do that for you. If you want Kermit the Frog as a Jedi Knight, complete with lightsaber, I can do that for you. If you want Piggy as "Jabba's Slave", just ask for it. Any movie, show, specials figures you're interested in? Drop me an e-mail, and we'll come to an arrangement. The only stipulation is that it has to be a figure that already exists. (Although, come to think of it, if you wanted a completely sculpted figure - One that isn't coming out. I'm not sculpting any figures that are planned in the Palisades line, as not to step on any toes. I can probably do that for you too.)

Does this sound like something anyone would be interested in? If so, e-mail me at MrTheFrog@aol.com.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you.

-Artie

DrSweetums

Reaction score
Sweet!

I, for one, would most definitely love to purchase some customs, and I think you should go for it. The only question is the cost. I have seen custom star wars figures that are just some paint and super sculpey and yet priced at $15-20 or more! Another issue is durability. I have noticed in customs I have done that sculpey can be quite fragile, and paint delicate as well. If these two issues are dealt with properly, I think you could have a hit (an a first customer)! Hope this helps, and good luck.

P.S.: Just an idea, but you might want to stock up on references, as I (and I'm guessing many others too), would most eagerly want figures based on appearences in episodes, and especially the movies (as these aren't the focus in the palisades line).

Luke

Reaction score
Good luck Artie, i hope you get lots of interest because these are above excellence. To DrSweetums - i think $15-$20 or even above that would be cheap, you've got to think that the Palisades figures are getting limited, and some of Arties customs use the 'Exclusives' - also not easy to get hold off.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
To Dr.SWeetums

I have noticed in customs I have done that sculpey can be quite fragile, and paint delicate as well.
And lets not forget that the same might be said of the *actual* Palisades figures pre-customization. Mr. The Frog would really have to do some trouble shooting to control that!

jarod

Reaction score
collector club info

Has ken gotten back to this thread about allowing new members to the club? I can't find any info. Please help.

jarod

Reaction score
Thanks Phil! I'm liking this forum here. Very nice people.

jarod

Reaction score
I'm getting a "delivery failure" when I e-mail him. Did he shut it down or something?

beaker

Reaction score
wow, i remember posting in the late 90's on mc about if anyone was customizing muppet figures...4 years later good to see someone stepped up to the plate. unfortunately, my skills suck at creating new figures, tho im a whiz at repains and the like. ok, so you could seriously make a whole new figure? Ive seen your mtm and star wars piggy and thought they looked most professional. ...but taking that to another level...to make whole new sculpts? i must ask, what materials would you use, as i realize super sculpey is now too primitive for figure demands. i mean, *gasp* could you even make a pepe figure? I cant tell you how much your muppet forum cred and coolness would go up exponentially. now, ive seen your mcc, mtm, and star wars customs...do you have any other examples? Ive been doing custom repains, various sculpey addons and stuff years(mostly toy biz and potf star wars) and could imagien th ejubilation of seeing figures palisades doesnt have plans for anytime soon(ie: the next couple years)

so yes, i say lets start up the artie custom jobs!
i personally, have paid $50+ for customs on ebay, so between $20 and $50 would be great for me.