Anyone here been on the news?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of which, I was a DJ for our middle school's news/radio show (I was in Grade 8 then), I called myself "DJ Salvatore" after the evil DJ with the same name from a then-popular episode of Samurai Jack.

Yep, that's why I became who I became in that one T*K*O episode.

Skye

Reaction score
I just want to say... that's awesome, Snowthy! I've never been a DJ (yet), but I used to call radio stations to request songs, and the DJs all told me that I had such a nice voice, that I should be on the radio, etc, etc. It was pretty cool! And I do think it would be really fun to be a DJ, for a little while at least, at some point! :big_grin:

Kiki

Reaction score
That's cool-as, Snowthers! Yeah... I call radio stations too Skye. There's one that I listen to like, 24/7. It plays all the golden oldies and I always love to request songs. Plus, they're always giving away tickets to see people in concert. I called 'em like, 20 times when they were giving away Billy Joel and Elton John ones. :smile: :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey... those of you in Canada... don't watch the news tonight; whatever they said about a Toronto-ian being "stalked" by some squirrely yankee... IT WASN'T ME!!! Ooops...

Pork

Reaction score
I was in the newspaper some years ago for winning a cartoon competition...they said they would put my comic in the paper but they never did...how lowsy is that?

about 12 lowsy.

jediX

Reaction score
I've been interning at my local Fox affiliate, and the top of my head has been in the background of several "breaking news" things, if that counts...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
When I first saw the name of this thread my thought was, "Well I should hope not!"
:attitude:
lol But then I remembered that when I was in kindergarten, I think it was, our Christmas concert was featured on the local news.
:news:
It may have been first grade. I think it was because the mayor was there.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I was on the new twice..sort of...the first time was local...they were having a weather forcaster for a day contest and I decided to enter it with my puppet....the reporter hosting at the mall thought i ws interesting enough to interview me live....it was pretty funny because he kept holding the microphone up to the puppet....I am not a ventriloquist so I kept trying to politely point out that I was the one talking for the puppet...the other time was for an online cnn interview...they quoted me a few times in an article about the muppets and used a video of mine in a text interview with walter...whats even funnier is that walter never answered my question even though he talks directly to me You can read it/see it here It actually is something I've been very proud of as it will be the closest I would ever come to working with the muppets

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've been seen during coverage of several Pride parades, as I used to march in my Frank N. Furter drag, and that's camera candy. I even got interviewed, and one question was used on the air.

I've also been on the front page, above the crease, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution when it ran an article about my RHPS cast. Must have been a sloooow news day.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Thread bump.

I've never actually been on the news, however my next door neighbors were on the news about seven years ago. It was really interesting to see the news guy and the camera guy outside with their news truck with all that equipment and a really tall antennae sticking out the top.

I think the story was about one of my next door neighbors having a heart attack. She's okay now though, in fact they still live next door to us.