Anyone here been on the news?

Princeton

Reaction score
If so, tell what it was concerning. I've been on the news just once. I was nine years old and it was regarding the opening of my new elementary school. My dad paid the cameraman 20 bucks to get a few shots of me. Though, I looked like an idiot (I hadn't discovered the shoulder straps on the bookbag yet and was carrying it by the little loop on the top). So, anyway, I'd love to hear your stories about if you've been on the news.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I've never been on the news, but my dad was on the local portion of the Jerry Lewis telathon this past September. His store (and sister store) had raised money for MDA, and he was selected to present the check. It was pretty cool.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Last year I was on the news locally here in Mexico. I got robbed by a couple guys and they fled in a cab and ended up dumping my ID and the wallet in the bottom of the cab and the cab driver found it after they got out. In a weird coincidence I had been in the same cab earlier in the day and the driver remembered me but didn't know where to find me so he went to all the newspapers and a TV station trying to track me down.

People saw this on TV or in the paper and would recognize me on the street and start trying to tell me about the wallet but at the time I spoke almost no Spanish so I couldn't understand what they were saying! Eventually a neighbor of a friend of mine saw it and explained what was going on and I eventually got my ID and wallet back.

For a few days it was pretty weird though with all these people stopping me on the street and having no idea what they were saying or why they wanted to talk to me.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I was in the news paper when I was 6 years old. I was in a privet school which wasn't licened and they got busted for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been around, but I'm not seen. Why? I'm hidden behind a set. Why? So no one will see that I'm giving a little purple monster a prostate check.

Faylo

Reaction score
I was on the news once with our show choir! :smile: It was before we went to Japan, and same when when we came back.

Kiki

Reaction score
In prep my class and I were in the paper, dunno why though...

Skye

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I was ever on the news before, but I've been in the newspaper. It was when I was in 5th or 6th grade, I think, and certain people in my class (including me) were interviewed for this article they were doing on my school.

Kiki

Reaction score
Heh, that reminds me. Once I was actually on the radio! This was in grade 3 and this bloke from a local radio station picked one person in our class (moi) to be interviewed about what our parents put in our lunches and I volunteered!
So from then on, I've always wanted to be a radio personality. :smile: